Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

No. It's the factory overlay from a non premium car.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

MODS: Boss 302 front end, CS fogs, JLT CAI, JL Audio Sub and Amp, Roush Springs, 2013 Cluster & Pony Puddles, 401A Dash
dmhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #12
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Vehicle: 2011 3.7 Premium

Damn Dmhines - now your making me want to trade down to the base cluster...I hate you . First the GT/CS '13 cluster (that I see you have installed and working 95%) and now this.

Matthew

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Matt's 95 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang View Post
Damn Dmhines - now your making me want to trade down to the base cluster...I hate you . First the GT/CS '13 cluster (that I see you have installed and working 95%) and now this.

Matthew
LOL .. you just need the base overlay .. that way you keep MyColor and the extra gauges.

Mileage is stored in Cluster not ECU.

I'm glad Ford smartened for 2013+ and went back to black gauges:

Click the image to open in full size.

MODS: Boss 302 front end, CS fogs, JLT CAI, JL Audio Sub and Amp, Roush Springs, 2013 Cluster & Pony Puddles, 401A Dash

Last edited by dmhines; 05-11-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #14
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

No the only way I will switch is if I can get the CS gauges to work withouth adding or splicing wires. I know your main post for the swap are on TMS but how much did you spend on getting that CS one to work?
Did you have to send the cluster off to get it programed/go to Ford to get it programed?
Besides the CC light, and My Track app did everything else work?
Can you just substitue a '13 GT500 steering wheel or did you have to run your own wires no matter what?

Thanks,
Matthew

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
WhiteHorse3.7

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang V6, 6MT, PP

LOL I guess to each his own on the white-faced gauges, I kinda liked them If you guys find yourself wanting to get rid of your white overlay, pm me! I assume the premium overlay would fit my base car if it works the other direction.

2012 V6 Coupe, Performance White
Appearance and Performance Packages
2012 GT Premium wheels

Always on the hunt for more twisty roads .
WhiteHorse3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Lol, everyone just wants to change their cars. Came with black gauges? Must get white faced. Came with white faced gauges, gotta go with black faced. Came with side scoops, must delete them (Ala 99-04 Bullitt deletes that were so popular). Came without side scoops, must add them (05+).

2011 Black on black GT/CS A6
BMR springs, LCA's, panhard, STR.Ts, GT500 AB.

Last edited by BleedinBlue; 05-12-2013 at 02:26 PM.
BleedinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Quote:
No the only way I will switch is if I can get the CS gauges to work withouth adding or splicing wires. I know your main post for the swap are on TMS but how much did you spend on getting that CS one to work?
Did you have to send the cluster off to get it programed/go to Ford to get it programed?
Besides the CC light, and My Track app did everything else work?
Can you just substitue a '13 GT500 steering wheel or did you have to run your own wires no matter what?

Thanks,
Matthew
You mean the 2013 gauges? Nothing special about CS gauges. $85 to reset the odometer and $90 to do a Pats Relearn to install the cluster. I made a custom OK button .. so I am using the original 2012 factory buttons to control the display and 2012 steering wheel.

Tracks Apps doesn't work. Neither do the extra gauges (IAT, Head temp, etc).

Old 05-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
Lol, everyone just wants to change their cars. Came with black gauges? Must get white faced. Came with white faced gauges, gotta go with black faced. Came with side scoops, must delete them (Ala 99-04 Bullitt deletes that were so popular. Came without side scoops, must add them (06+).
that is completely true. Something about seeing seeing someone else playing with a toy in the sand box and deciding "I have to have that toy" and now that you have it you relize you dont want it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhines View Post
You mean the 2013 gauges? Nothing special about CS gauges. $85 to reset the odometer and $90 to do a Pats Relearn to install the cluster. I made a custom OK button .. so I am using the original 2012 factory buttons to control the display and 2012 steering wheel.

Tracks Apps doesn't work. Neither do the extra gauges (IAT, Head temp, etc).

Ahh that is to much for me. I played around with my '95 tons and had wires running everywhere on that car behind the gauge bezel. I will leave this one alone. If its not plug in and play I am not doing it...or thats what I say now. Give me a few years and that will probably change.

Matthew

Old 05-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Quote:
that is completely true. Something about seeing seeing someone else playing with a toy in the sand box and deciding "I have to have that toy" and now that you have it you relize you dont want it anymore.

Ahh that is to much for me. I played around with my '95 tons and had wires running everywhere on that car behind the gauge bezel. I will leave this one alone. If its not plug in and play I am not doing it...or thats what I say now. Give me a few years and that will probably change.

Matthew
If you got a 2013 PCM .. it would be plug and play ... and coughing up some money to the Ford Tech to get everything programmed and working.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #20
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Oh. Well that's not to bad. Ill have to add it to the long list of things I have planned.

Matthew
Old 05-12-2013, 06:18 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement