Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry to break it to ya... TOTALED

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:20 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Man thats tuff. That happened to me in the Porsche last Christmas.

As long as you are ok, thats all that matters.

Car can be replaced.

Since you are in Cali, come check out Mellow and take her home.

It needs a good home to go to, and it is all done up as well.
Thanks Joe, I would, but I don't think a v8 will be in the picture due to insurance and a tight budget. I appreciate the offer, Mellow will find herself a new owner, im sure

Originally Posted by 07 Cervini
The drunk's insurance company will probably be mailing you a check. The check is usually about $1,000 dollars, and if you chose to accept the amount then you can not go after them in court. Youre in a good position to have a lawyer, but the majority of the money the lawyer gets you in court will probably go to him. In the long run you will probably make out with more cash in court, but there is no telling how long it will take or what you will receive.
Thanks for the advice, all these comments are really helping me understand and consider what needs to be done. I'm gonna see what I can do as far as compensation goes through insurance.

Thanks for all the love guys, Its nice to talk about with others that can totally understand what I'm going through.

Insurance still has yet to check it out, the car got sent to the local body shop for inspection; my brothers a local mechanic so he was able to go grab all he could. Things I wish i could take are my gt500 steering wheel, cdc decklid panel, etc.

I went to the dealership yesterday and had a look at the new v6's, I'm excited the fact that they're putting out over 300hp+, its a 6 speed, etc. a 3.7l should definitely be in the picture. I'll keep you guys updated. again, thanks for the support
Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Glad you're ok Jaybe, sorry to see nice 6 go though. It can be taken away from you all too easily, I'm just glad you weren't hurt and he was caught. My brother was killed by a drunk driver last July, so this **** is not to be taken lightly. You can try to grab a lawyer for a civil suit, but like what someone else said, there's no telling how long it could last and what the outcome could be. Some of these things draw out between 1-3 years, and if he really is a piece of **** like it seems, then he may just have nothing to his name anyway.

However, you do what you can to attend every hearing and movement on that criminal trial. Drunk driving is no joke and he could have killed someone and from the looks of the damage, you were about 3ft off from being seriously injured yourself. You can't let this guy get off easy and shrug your shoulders and chalk it up to a loss. You write that judge, tell them that the waste of skin and organs that hit you doesn't deserve to see the outside world for the next 5 years and never sit in a drivers seat for the next 20. Make his ******* pucker for the next 20 years after just the mention of a car.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Like others have said thank god you are alright, sorry for your loss. Hope you are able to find a good replacement.

Matthew
Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 PM
RandomHero82

That's awful man. Sorry to hear that about your car.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Glad your ok I know it sucks to see your pony in that kind of state but it really doesnt look that bad. the front horns are obviously moved but if its bent in front of the shock towers only then its just body mounting points and not structural. Demand his insurance fixes it and be lucky that they arent paying 10x or more than that amount for medical bills that could have resulted from his criminal negligence
Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

from bad can come good dude...
get the v8 now aye?
Name:  758419.gif
Views: 15
Size:  8.0 KB
Name:  396291-1.gif
Views: 14
Size:  11.3 KB
Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

So sorry to hear about your loss Jay but I am happy to hear you were able to walk away from it.
I drive 7 hours every day (not on my stang) and you are right about idiots being out there. Hopefully soon you will be back in the saddle again.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Glad you're ok Jaybe, sorry to see nice 6 go though. It can be taken away from you all too easily, I'm just glad you weren't hurt and he was caught. My brother was killed by a drunk driver last July, so this **** is not to be taken lightly. You can try to grab a lawyer for a civil suit, but like what someone else said, there's no telling how long it could last and what the outcome could be. Some of these things draw out between 1-3 years, and if he really is a piece of **** like it seems, then he may just have nothing to his name anyway.

However, you do what you can to attend every hearing and movement on that criminal trial. Drunk driving is no joke and he could have killed someone and from the looks of the damage, you were about 3ft off from being seriously injured yourself. You can't let this guy get off easy and shrug your shoulders and chalk it up to a loss. You write that judge, tell them that the waste of skin and organs that hit you doesn't deserve to see the outside world for the next 5 years and never sit in a drivers seat for the next 20. Make his ******* pucker for the next 20 years after just the mention of a car.
I'm also terribly sorry to hear about this, Jay. With your recent mods, you were turning that Mustang into a beautiful ride. I agree with MadStang (Mad, I'm also sorry to hear about your terrible loss) and I think you should seek legal action against this idiot at all costs. Should you have advanced another second or two, who knows what kind of harm you could have suffered as a result of this stupid @$$. And the fact that he tried to get away from the scene should really push you to seek a lawyer. Who knows, getting this dumb@$$ off the street and having him suffer major economic losses may one day save another innocent person's life.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:48 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

What ever happens you need to get down there and unmarry your tuner to the car so you can at least save that.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:50 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

yeah were seeing what we can do as far as compensation goes.

I was unable to flash the car back to stock due to the messed up electronics. you think bama tunes will send me an unlock for my tuner?