Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Prothane motor mounts, again.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:39 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
I need to get me a set of those, that motor isn't flexing at all!
No it does not. You can see how much the car moves by the coolant moving.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
No it does not. You can see how much the car moves by the coolant moving.
I may order some here soon, have to find means to install them though or someone install them.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Just wait till you get that solid axle housing bushing in!

I found an old post of mine about the prothane motor mounts.

It's very strange, accelerating hard I don't notice much difference in vibration, but just revving the motor there is a noticeable vibration at low rpms that I can feel in the seat. I'm keeping them in this time, because this car is going to become my track toy. I'm looking at new 5.0's for my daily driver.

A/C delete will be next on my list, followed by some skinnies for the front. I literally never use my AC. It helps that I work in a refrigerated room and I'm skinny, so don't sweat much.
I sort of went that route, but I got a truck for my daily so I can trailer the mustang to and from the track. I call the truck a daily, but honestly, my wife and I pretty much share her prius for a daily. I average less than 3k miles a year on the F250 and less than 200 miles a year on the mustang. I freaking love that Prius for a daily driver. 50+mpg is hard to argue with.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:25 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I work with this guy in his late 60's and he drives a prius to work. he loves the thing. I've sat in it and he started it. I was surprised how obvious it was when the engine starts, I guess I was expecting it to be more quiet, seemless. It's a strange car on the inside, has a joystick!

I can't believe some people with prothane motor mounts say they didn't notice much or no different. I swear I can feel every combustion chamber igniting. You would easily know if you had a misfire with these mounts. How can you not notice the starter engaging with these mounts? That's the first thing you notice in my car. When the motor starts or stops, its much more abrupt. That starter lets you know that it's starting this ****** f'er. It's also much more obvious when you are slipping the clutch, at least with the spec stage 3+, which is some kind of metallic disc.

Last edited by moosestang; 05-20-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

One other thing. I've decided to pull these out tomorrow and sand them down 1/2 inch or less. It'll give me a reason to buy a bench top sander. Luckily I will not have to remove the stupid engine brackets this time.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I can't believe people who say they didn't notice a difference either. It's night and day.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Ok.. I get it.. Now clean that engine bay!!! My POS is clean.. your monster should be cleaner...
Old 05-22-2013, 04:09 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by robs
Ok.. I get it.. Now clean that engine bay!!! My POS is clean.. your monster should be cleaner...
I wish I lived where the roads were paved and I could keep it clean. Some of the dirt stains won't come off the plastic parts. When it rains here, about ever day in Florida, the road turns to muck.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Dubstep Shep
1st Gear Member

Got a question for you. What exhaust manifold/headers are you running with the prothane mounts? I have a set of JBA shortys and I can't fit my mounts on.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:19 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dubstep Shep
Got a question for you. What exhaust manifold/headers are you running with the prothane mounts? I have a set of JBA shortys and I can't fit my mounts on.

I have the stock manifolds. The prothane mounts will raise the engine 1/4 inch or so, that's why I sanded them down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed Prothane motor mounts, again.