Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:55 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangingAround
How about you try to find one better instead of complaining (although I do agree the video isn't the greatest)? LOL.
Wasn't complaining my friend. Just stating a fact. A few videos on YouTube with this combo. If I wasn't out of commission because of a bad back, I'd post one.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:55 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Haha...I just bought some Pype Bombs from AM because my fiance' listened to videos and said Roush AB's weren't loud enough. The Bombs should be louder than the Roush, I'd imagine...I'm not sure she knew what she was getting into when she said she wanted loud!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:56 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
By your theory, after 9 months open pipes should be quieter than a factory exhaust.
I never said they changed after that. As with my experiences with exhaust they take a week or 2 to settle i can already tell you after 2 days they sound a bit different.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:29 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sharony1994
Yes it is the only exhaust mod. They are much louder while the car is cold i agree, but anything over 3500 rpm and it sounds like a bomb going off anything/anyone within 3-4 blocks look back. I have also set off a few car alarms. I like the loudness i just wasn't expecting it to be so loud at low rpms 2k+ is still pretty loud and i am scared some cop is going to pull me over b/c of them. 18 year old with a 5.0 black rims and a loud exhaust.... no cop is going to be forgiving
That would be profiling, plain and simple. Keep your speeds down and they should have no reason to pull you over. As for the attention grabbing, that's why some of us buy aftermarket exhaust. Your car has 400+ HP, and the roush makes it sound that way. Would the cops pull you over if your stereo was blasting music? If that is a yes then its time to drive in a different town, if no then your exhaust should be no different.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
That would be profiling, plain and simple. Keep your speeds down and they should have no reason to pull you over. As for the attention grabbing, that's why some of us buy aftermarket exhaust. Your car has 400+ HP, and the roush makes it sound that way. Would the cops pull you over if your stereo was blasting music? If that is a yes then its time to drive in a different town, if no then your exhaust should be no different.

Profiling? Hardly. In California, a loud exhaust is probable suspicion for a traffic stop.

California VC27151. (a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor
vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted
by the motor of the vehicle so that the vehicle is not in compliance
with the provisions of Section 27150 or exceeds the noise limits
established for the type of vehicle in Article 2.5 (commencing with
Section 27200). No person shall operate a motor vehicle with an
exhaust system so modified.
(b) For the purposes of exhaust systems installed on motor
vehicles with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating of less
than 6,000 pounds, other than motorcycles, a sound level of 95 dbA or
less, when tested in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers
Standard J1169 May 1998, complies with this section. Motor vehicle
exhaust systems or parts thereof include, but are not limited to,
nonoriginal exhaust equipment.

Setting off car alarms pretty much guarantees a sound level over 95dbA.

If you think the color, sound, modifications, stupid thumping stereo and age of the driver have nothing to do with getting pulled over, you haven't spent any time with LEOs.

If your car isn't stock, it draws attention. Everybody, including LEOs, will see it first. Once your car has the cop's attention, he will take a closer look and chances are legitimately find something to pull you over for besides speed.

Once you're pulled over in a modded car, chances are the cop will give it a closer look hoping to find illegal modifications like anything on the induction or exhaust system that doesn't carry a C.A.R.B. E.O. Number.

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 05-21-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue
Haha...I just bought some Pype Bombs from AM because my fiance' listened to videos and said Roush AB's weren't loud enough. The Bombs should be louder than the Roush, I'd imagine...I'm not sure she knew what she was getting into when she said she wanted loud!
WHERE DID YOU FIND HER!!!! I cant get my wife to look at rims, listen to exhaust, or help me pick out mods AT ALL!

I hate you

Matthew
Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Profiling? Hardly. In California, a loud exhaust is probable suspicion for a traffic stop.

If you think the color, sound, modifications, stupid thumping stereo and age of the driver have nothing to do with getting pulled over, you haven't spent any time with LEOs.

If your car isn't stock, it draws attention. Everybody, including LEOs, will see it first. Once your car has the cop's attention, he will take a closer look and chances are legitimately find something to pull you over for besides speed.

Once you're pulled over in a modded car, chances are the cop will give it a closer look hoping to find illegal modifications like anything on the induction or exhaust system that doesn't carry a C.A.R.B. E.O. Number.
Reason #938 to NOT live in California. ####ing liberal a$$holes!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
WHERE DID YOU FIND HER!!!! I cant get my wife to look at rims, listen to exhaust, or help me pick out mods AT ALL!

I hate you

Matthew
Mine has been a work in progress, lol. It's just recently that she decided she "understands" why I don't want my car to be stock. On the way home from picking up the CS, I didn't get to drive, and she agreed the car needed to be louder and needed "something extra" to get people's attention more. She said the car wasn't getting enough looks or the respect it deserved. This sounds great, except I'm not sure I'll ever get to drive, lol.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:11 AM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Reason #938 to NOT live in California. ####ing liberal a$$holes!
California is beautiful it has some of the funnest canyons to drive on. But when it comes to city driving and lapd chp..... i agree living in ca is expensive and it sucks.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:05 PM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

I didn't see that OP was from CA, my bad. Remember, not everywhere has laws that restrict the amount of noise coming out of your car's exhaust/stereo. "Hoping to find illegal modifications" = profiling and poor law enforcement tactics. I also was only referring to him being 18 y.o. driving a mustang 5.0. Pulling someone over for that is profiling. dcarlin has a good point, time to find some twisties in a new state.

My fiance' is the same way. I bought the flowmaster outlaw pipes and my fiance' loves the sound. A neighbor has the Roush axleback and she says they aren't loud enough. WINNING!

Quick Reply: Roush exhaust