Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #11
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

I probably have done sprints up to and beyond 130 MPH at least 3 dozen times, if not more dozens. I used to drive KY-Chicago every 2 weeks for almost 2 years and OFTEN would do at least one sprint on each leg of the trip. I know that I was over 135 and 140 on a few occasions but at those speeds, my eyes were glued to the road.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #12
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

I've hit at least 140 in the Shelby and Im with Nuke. It's a visceral experience that Im not sure I want to repeat again. Fastest ever though was 165 in my buddy's TT supra with the targa top off and I told him to shut it down cuz I had **** to live for.

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #13
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 4.6 gt with red leather

problem is the stang isnt a proper sports car...u drive am m5 bmw and going 140 mph plus is easy..the stangs road holding is kinda dire in comparison
Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #14
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT Legend Lime and 1967 CP

I've had my car for a little over 3 years. I've never been over 120, I think I hit 125 once or so. Top speed ha never really done anything for me, have never floored 5th gear haha just up to 4th. However I'm all about 0-60 10-80 20-100. And have been over 100 in 4th several times over. These motors can handle it no problem
drewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker View Post
problem is the stang isnt a proper sports car...u drive am m5 bmw and going 140 mph plus is easy..the stangs road holding is kinda dire in comparison
In stock form I'd agree with that observation to an extent. It's always important to keep in mind that the cost difference in the states between the M5 and the mustang itself could be described as dire. However, I've not raced an M5, X6, Audi...etc... in a heads up or rolling race that has yet to beat my Shelby. There are plenty of examples where money has been pumped into mustangs in modifications and aftermarket that push it's performance well beyond the vehicles you would cite and still cost less.

Then again...let's not mistake the M5 or any BMW for a proper supercar which seems to be the flavor of the moment in Europe. Compared to any Lambo or Ferrari or Porsche, any BMW is a hunk of junk. Just because it's fast doesnt mean a BMW is cool. The only BMW that has ever been cool is the ones Jason Statham drives and that's because he can knock our teeth through our skulls.

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #16
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '07 Mustang GT

I once had mine over 150 and it was still pulling but that was probably very stupid.
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

drive a 911 and you'll realise the stang is ancient...
stang is a great car ofc but not awesome
Old 05-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #18
vixr
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT

I installed my whole lowering kit and accessories, and pulled the torque on every bolt...my only worry is the RTR chin splitter I installed...it uses those plastic fasteners that I have zero faith in. I guess I could replace them all with stainless fasteners and lock nuts and see what she can do...I just broke 6K miles.

Eibach sportline kit, Boss 302 quad exhaust, BMR LCA, Boss 302 intake, BMR LCA re-locators, JLT carbon fiber CAI, BMR adj. panhard, FR 84.5 mm TB, Steeda adj. UCA, 302 strut brace, MM CC plates, Bama 93 octane race tune, RTR chin splitter, MMD louvers, Steeda functional spoiler
vixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
danzcool
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT

In stock form, I think I had a few sprints like nuke, 135+, didn't feel bad at all.
Supercharged, I took it to a closed course and eventually got it to over 160, getting your tires balanced goes a long way eliminating the floaty feeling, the rest is suspension upgrades.

And now with the turbos...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker View Post
i go 100 mph in first on me zx12r...regularly push 190 on it aswell...would love to see a stang try and hang with me
Let's go!

danzcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

would love to race you dude..never gonna happen though..takes 900 bhp to beat a bike like mine u know?
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement