Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 Smoked Light Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
-FN-

Default '08 Smoked Light Suggestions

I'm contemplating smoking out the lights on my triple black '08 mustang and have seen a few different routes it looks like I can take...

- Vinyl Machine Cut Tint Covers a la this style:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-smok...-/140687971035

Seems cheap and I can remove them if ever needed.

- Painting the lights

I have no experience in this so I'd have to find a shop to do it, but it looks like the quality would be really good if well done. My only concern would be that there is no undoing it if needed and I have no clue what it would cost to do.

- Light Covers:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...tint-0509.html

These look like plastic snap-ons. They are somewhat costly and I'm not sure I'd want the added plastic layer (not sure how it would look). That and if they just snap on, I can see them being stolen pretty easily lol

Any suggestions are welcome!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:04 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

I say just buy the whole smoked headlight,turn signals, and tailight assembly and keep your stock lights. That way if you don't like them you just put your stock ones back on and sale the smoked ones.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:03 AM
-FN-

[double posted for some reason - ignore!]

Last edited by -FN-; 05-29-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:06 AM
-FN-

Any suggestions as to where I'd find entire smoked assemblies? I did some Googling but only found quarter panel replacements:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/quarter-p...5-2009/p/QPR8/

Also found this entire light kit for $125:

http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/2005-2...okedlights.htm

I guess I should've also mentioned I already have HID headlight. My fog lights aren't HID though so I plan on getting these (4300K) to get them to match.

I'm guessing if I went for an entire assembly replacement, that might make it harder
Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 AM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

I just bought some full assembly smoked turn signals and taillights from American Muscle last month on there site have to look in there taillight and headlight section. They also have the smoked rear side markers too. The rear taillights are not hard to install its just removing the trunk panel trim unscrewing the bulbs in the light housing then there's 3 nuts that are holding the taillight once nuts removed pull out the taillight and put the smoke ones in. Side marker just pop out and pop in, the turn signals and headlights are harder because you have remove the front bumper to install. Get a repair Manuel for your car it will explain how to remove the bumper and lights.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:24 AM
-FN-

So if I just buy the Smoked OE Headlights I can pop those in and my HID lamps will fit into them?
Old 05-29-2013, 02:28 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

I would go with the Raxiom smoked tail lights from American Muscle. They leave the reverse light section clear so it looks more OEM and will give you less problems with getting pulled over by the cops.

Quick vid:

__________________________________________________ _____
-Danny
Name:  image-5_zps398ddf7a.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  63.3 KB
2006 Mustang GT - SOLD
2009 GT500 with some goodies - in the stable

Last edited by adidasUNT8; 05-29-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:49 AM
-FN-

Just watched their vids over at AM.com - definitely going with those raxiom smoke taillights and the sequential harness.

The headlights seem easy enough as long as I can put my OEM HIDs in the smoked assembly. I think my biggest issue will be replacing the current non-HID fog lights with something that matches the color of the headlights... right now I don't like how the headlights are a nice bright white and the fog lights are the older yellow
Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 AM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

It may not be the way you're thinking of going, but if you look at my signature, notice the painted headlight buckets. I hadn't planned on going that way, but once I put them on, I couldn't see doing anything else. The smoked parking lights are next...
Old 05-29-2013, 09:26 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by -FN-
Just watched their vids over at AM.com - definitely going with those raxiom smoke taillights and the sequential harness.

The headlights seem easy enough as long as I can put my OEM HIDs in the smoked assembly. I think my biggest issue will be replacing the current non-HID fog lights with something that matches the color of the headlights... right now I don't like how the headlights are a nice bright white and the fog lights are the older yellow
I'm glad to hear you decided on the Raxiom Taillights and Sequential harness, that's a great combo and will definitely look awesome! Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

Quick Reply: '08 Smoked Light Suggestions