Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Bug Bit Me Good.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM
rm2092
1st Gear Member

The problem is all these Mustang forums we have with others posting up pics, Superchargers and so forth I know these boards have cost me some money.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:22 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Looking through Control arms and Springs, Anyone have any Suggestions? Open to all atm!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Damn thats going to be a nice project to start on when you get home. I am still torn on what exhaust set up to go with. Then rims. Then suspension. Then power adders. The damn list just keeps going.

Matthew
Old 06-05-2013, 03:44 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Damn thats going to be a nice project to start on when you get home. I am still torn on what exhaust set up to go with. Then rims. Then suspension. Then power adders. The damn list just keeps going.

Matthew
Yup Pretty Never ending, New shopping card is loaded with PH Bar/LCA/Springs/Boss Intake/90mm TB, should be a second fun weekend in the future!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:06 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
Looking through Control arms and Springs, Anyone have any Suggestions? Open to all atm!
This is what I'm running, and it works really well!

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-s...prings-11.html

Plus those parts are Made in America, and they carry a Lifetime Guarantee!

(I'm also running UPR's HD UCA Mount and adjustable panhard bar, which I'd also recommend)
Old 06-05-2013, 07:04 PM
95Bluestallion
1st Gear Member

Unless you plan to race the car, save the cash and ditch the Boss intake. All the power gains are way up high in the RPM's and you lose a slight amount of torque. I almost bought it myself, but luckily removed it from the cart when I realized my car is never going to get much track use. Another thing to consider is the type of bushings in your suspension components. I bought a Maximum Motorsports adj panhard bar, and it let so much rear end noise into the car it was horrible. Same thing with lower control arms if you go to spherical bushings rather than rubber or poly bushings. You can see my car in my sig, as far as the look I acheived. I went with FRPP K Springs, Eibach dampeners (should have just bought the pro kit, but purchased them a few months apart). J&M adjustable panhard rod with rubber bushings (wish I would have bought Whiteline's Watts link setup though), Whiteline lower control arm relocation brackets (noticed a big traction difference without them honestly), and a Steeda adjustable upper arm to keep the pinion angle in check. I have 20X9 fronts with 255/35's, and 20X10 rears with 285/30's (hate the rubber band look though and will go with a little more sidewall when these are done). Got a trufiber 3" cowl, with a GT500 rear spoiler. Those are the main visual mods, and I have so many people asking if my car is a special model because of them (non mustang ppl). I bought the car a little over a year ago with plans to keep it stock until the warranty expired. First mod was wheels, then a CAI and tune, and it snowballed. Sounds like you have a great start, and I look forward to seeing you blow all your money like I do!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95Bluestallion
Unless you plan to race the car, save the cash and ditch the Boss intake. All the power gains are way up high in the RPM's and you lose a slight amount of torque. I almost bought it myself, but luckily removed it from the cart when I realized my car is never going to get much track use. Another thing to consider is the type of bushings in your suspension components. I bought a Maximum Motorsports adj panhard bar, and it let so much rear end noise into the car it was horrible. Same thing with lower control arms if you go to spherical bushings rather than rubber or poly bushings. You can see my car in my sig, as far as the look I acheived. I went with FRPP K Springs, Eibach dampeners (should have just bought the pro kit, but purchased them a few months apart). J&M adjustable panhard rod with rubber bushings (wish I would have bought Whiteline's Watts link setup though), Whiteline lower control arm relocation brackets (noticed a big traction difference without them honestly), and a Steeda adjustable upper arm to keep the pinion angle in check. I have 20X9 fronts with 255/35's, and 20X10 rears with 285/30's (hate the rubber band look though and will go with a little more sidewall when these are done). Got a trufiber 3" cowl, with a GT500 rear spoiler. Those are the main visual mods, and I have so many people asking if my car is a special model because of them (non mustang ppl). I bought the car a little over a year ago with plans to keep it stock until the warranty expired. First mod was wheels, then a CAI and tune, and it snowballed. Sounds like you have a great start, and I look forward to seeing you blow all your money like I do!
True, I do however intend on making it into a Track car, but I'll hold off on the intake long enough to complete headers/Suspension upgrades