Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my first go at aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 AM
RougeTsutla

Default my first go at aftermarket parts

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could give me some advice. Currently what I'm hoping to buy is;Airaid 310-510 poweraid throttle body spacer or the 200-617 (need advice on which is better for the price), a spectra premium sp2203m fuel pump (not sure if it's nessisary or not), I'm hoping some sort of chip, accel 140035 special coil spring, an aggressive muffler possibly a flow master? And a bbk 4010 chrome 1-5/8" short tuned length exausht headers and a bbk 1737 chrome cold air induction intake system. I'm not 100% attached to any of these but I'm curious if any won't work with the others. Things I should avoid. Maybe things I should look I to. Or if there are better products with a comparably price
Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Well, what are your goals? How much power are you trying to push? We're talking about a GT right?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

I looked up a few of the parts he's looking at. It's for the 4.0. That's just from me coping and pasting what he posted. Could be wrong.

OP, stay away from the TB spacer and the fuel pump, you won't be needing them. TB spacer is a waste of money, unless you need a new paper weight.

You should be looking at a CAI and a tune from a reputable company. I have heard great things about Bama, Steeda, VMP. I can only say great things about Bama, since that's what I run.

From what I have read, you will gain minimal RWHP from shorty headers. You are better off saving your money for other mods.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:21 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

I agree with 2007Stang. Steeda makes one of the best CAIs, I run a Bama tune and have had nothing but good things to say about it. I'm going to be biased, but I really think you should just save your money for when you have a V8. Sorry guys, I just don't see the point in having a built 6 cylinder Mustang.
However, if it was my sixxer, I would run some SLP Loudmouths (sounds AWESOME on my friends 4.0), get some good cams and a tune, and put in a good suspension and CAI. TB spacer won't do anything but make a little whistling noise when you press on the gas. I like the sound of shorties more than long tubes, others may not agree, but there's no doubt the long tubes make more power.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:30 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
Sorry guys, I just don't see the point in having a built 6 cylinder Mustang.
Because why not? They are quick and fun cars to drive. Granted, they won't be faster than a GT mod for mod, but still fun none the less.

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
However, if it was my sixxer, I would run some SLP Loudmouths (sounds AWESOME on my friends 4.0), get some good cams and a tune, and put in a good suspension and CAI. TB spacer won't do anything but make a little whistling noise when you press on the gas. I like the sound of shorties more than long tubes, others may not agree, but there's no doubt the long tubes make more power.
To add on to what he said, if by chance you are going to be modding out this thing completely, and end up getting cams, do your self a favor and get the long tubes to go with it. If the 4.0 reacts to mods like the 4.6 or 5.0 does, then the cams will go well with the LT's. I don't ever hear many people putting cams on the 4.0, but it's something I would personally love to have.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:56 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

They're fun to own and drive no doubt, but nothing can replace the sound of 8 cylinders in a domestic. NOTHIIIIIIIING
Old 10-22-2013, 12:26 PM
RougeTsutla

Originally Posted by 2007StangV6
I looked up a few of the parts he's looking at. It's for the 4.0. That's just from me coping and pasting what he posted. Could be wrong.

OP, stay away from the TB spacer and the fuel pump, you won't be needing them. TB spacer is a waste of money, unless you need a new paper weight.

You should be looking at a CAI and a tune from a reputable company. I have heard great things about Bama, Steeda, VMP. I can only say great things about Bama, since that's what I run.

From what I have read, you will gain minimal RWHP from shorty headers. You are better off saving your money for other mods.
She's a 4.0, I've heard both sides for the tb spacer and I figured with a cold air intake the $70 for a possible effect would be worth a shot and just return it if I didn't like it. Any headers you would recommend? As for power I'm looking to add all I can and hopefully some good sound with out braking the bank.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RougeTsutla
She's a 4.0, I've heard both sides for the tb spacer and I figured with a cold air intake the $70 for a possible effect would be worth a shot and just return it if I didn't like it. Any headers you would recommend? As for power I'm looking to add all I can and hopefully some good sound with out braking the bank.
Can't really speak for 4.0s, but in my GT experience it's not the price you should be worrying about, it's the install. Sometimes for headers you have to take the entire motor out man.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:35 PM
RougeTsutla

Originally Posted by RougeTsutla
And I would agree that I would love to have a v8 but I'm 18 and paying for everything with a landscape company I started. So a v8is a little out of my price range. I'll have to look into long tubes. I think my friend knows one of the founders for I think he said the bull dog chips? Anyone have any input on that? And I should probably also add that this is more for show and the once in a little street runs. I hope to get into auto cross but not fully sure on that one. It sounds like a lot of fun, I just first want to have a car worth bringing.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Yup CAI and Tune go with a 92 Octane race tune that will boost power and save on fuel. Also I would stay away from flowmasters they just make a lot of drone. You would be better off getting a nice axle back system from Borla, SLP or Stainless Works. If you plan on going long tube headers in the future which are awesome btw, go with a nice cat back system will make for an easy switch to long tube headers.

Quick Reply: my first go at aftermarket parts