Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dream Car Turned Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

BTW, this type of stuff happens with ALL brands of cars (issues). Guy I work with spend $47K on a 335IX with lots of options. It's been in the shop abotu half of the time he's owned it for various problems. Read he's owned it about 1 1/2 months half of which (3 weeks) has been at the dealership having various things fixed, upgraded.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Wow this sounds like a pain in the ***.

So here is one thing I can say that should take some of it off your mind. The suspension makes a lot of noise. Which is normal to hear the creaking that's just the shocks. If you had the car lowered its going to make even more front end noise. A good set of Eibach or Koni shocks and struts will take care of that.

As for the other stuff yeah that would be a big issue.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:51 PM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

stories like these terrify me.

OP, did you say you DO NOT use premium fuel on your 5.0? i nearly bought a 2013 GT and I was told that using premium fuel is pretty much a MUST DO. that premium fuel can make a big difference. i have a 2012 V6 and i just feel like the car runs better with premium fuel. all your other issues are not gas related, that's for sure.

my mustang has been rock solid, with the exception of rattling issues that i've corrected myself, but my wife's Ford Edge, not so much. it does weird things. lately it has been alright, but the brakes gave out on a hill once and the dealership just told us they had no clue since there weren't any error codes.

stories like the OP's, my own personal issues, and all the latest recall stuff is really pushing me away from Ford (which i used to swear by years ago). when my wife's Ford Edge is ready to go i'll likely grab a Subaru (wife wants a dodge durango, but i'm not convinced she won't have issues there as well ha).
Old 06-18-2013, 05:05 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Dodge - Websters description - To avoid!
Warning you'er about to eat Hot Pockets and
Durango's are FIATS!

All Fiats I saw were in junk yards, none were wrecked. They all breakdown b4 anyone can wreck them.

Fiat means fake, as in - Zambia's Fiat currency was inflated to 1 billion% and was effectively deemed worthless by the financial anchor on MSNBC Maria Bortolomo (who is so hot, Joey Ramon of the Ramones had a crush on her).

I have tangented right off the site, reel me in Jesus.
P.S. Joey died not to long ago, and she knew, they talked but never dated.
Too bad if I bummed anyone out, because life is about bums so suck it up.

Last edited by VistaBlueFrank68; 06-18-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 PM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
Dodge - Websters description - To avoid!
Warning you'er about to eat Hot Pockets and
Durango's are FIATS!

All Fiats I saw were in junk yards, none were wrecked. They all breakdown b4 anyone can wreck them.

Fiat means fake, as in - Zambia's Fiat currency was inflated to 1 billion% and was effectively deemed worthless by the financial anchor on MSNBC Maria Bortolomo (who is so hot, Joey Ramon of the Ramones had a crush on her).

I have tangented right off the site, reel me in Jesus.
P.S. Joey died not to long ago, and she knew, they talked but never dated.
Too bad if I bummed anyone out, because life is about bums so suck it up.

This is why you shouldnt smoke weed... LOL
Old 06-18-2013, 06:00 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Captain Ron, Kurt Russell in the movie "Captain Ron"?
Was about a Caribbean dope head. I'm in Texas right now.
I know some Canadian dudes in Vegas and we'll be right over.

Apparently brief mono-syllabic lame comments are the normative form of utterance. You're a Hillbilly good Sir! Being that I'm on Double Secret Probation (DSP).
I humbly apologize for calling you a Hillbilly, you Hillbilly.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

The Mustang dream is good, your only mistake was picking a nightmare dealer. That your NAV is still not fixed is hilarious. Any good dealer should have figured out a reset did not fix and had a new head unit ordered the same day. Sorry you picked a dealer with such incompetent tech's and/or management team. The tech's could be telling the manager what needs done, but may be resisting for whatever reason. You can't put that dealership in your rear veiw mirror fast enough...doesn't matter how far you have to drive. Horible isn't a strong enough word for the customer service you have received.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by CaptainRon
This is why you shouldnt smoke weed... LOL
Errrrh, I beg to differ... Good weed doesn't do that to you.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 AM
hoodlum54
1st Gear Member

Default Thanks for the replies and here's an update

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Let me get this escalated for you and help get it resolved, hoodlum54. Please PM me with your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, best daytime number, and a brief description of the concerns you’re experiencing.

Deysha
Didn't hear from the rep for days. When I got a call is was Breanne (don't know how to spell it) and she said just keep bringing it back to the dealership. Same old story.

Originally Posted by hootie_john
I'd look into a lemon law for this one. Get a new one.
Contacted an attorney. He said to get the paperwork for him, but from what I'm describing it's a slam dunk.

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Well OP as much as I am sure you will hate this you might have to go "Lemon Law" with your car. You have the documentation from your several trips to the dealership with the same issues not getting resolved. As much as I hate to say it you might have just gotten a bad car, it happens. Hundereds of parts, put together by humans. Just something to think about. Good luck!

Matthew
Yeah, I actually went to the dealership to get a copy of all my records and the guy there, Alex, was SUPER friendly and helpful. Really nice to see.

Originally Posted by wcgman
Why would you drive your car through a lake? JK. I hope you get the problems resolved. Best of luck.
Haha...I've been frustrated enough to consider it a few times...jk

Originally Posted by FrostByte
I know there can be night/day difference between dealers. I would have gone to another dealer much sooner. Going a tad further cant be more of an inconvenience than returning to same dealer over and over.

The dealership where I bought my stang will NEVER touch it again. New Country Ford in Saratoga is THE worst dealership I have ever been to, for any manufactuer. They have actually damaged my stang & work van while having it there for service. I take my FORDs to CARMODY FORD in Greenwich. They always get it right & treat me like I matter, unlike New Country.

GL, hope you get it resolved soon. I know it sucks when you have issues.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
Hoodlum54, Try this neutral, start up, push-in clutch, Three buttons on the center consul. Traction Control, hold it, on the center screen you'll see first "Traction Control Off", continue holding until you see "Advance Track Off".
Now see if you still have those problems.

That PCM trick won't work if you're just reseting the same flawed codes. During the production runs PCM codes were programed into the cars on the assemble line. As the engineers developed fixes to bugs, they could update the PCM codes, but cars that were gone were gone. That's why every Mustang has a PCM code number on a sticker on the electrical box under the hood. You know the one they want to sell you a chrome cover for. The reason to even have it is because there're different codes throughout the production run, otherwise they wouldn't need it at all, would they now?

I'm going to guess your VIN# would put your car as an early production run.
You might ask the dealer to update your PCM. Know this, Ford sells new cars. They have no incentive to waste resources to up-date tunes for old Fords. SCT/BAMA/Brennsport they do have an incentive.

One option is to get the Ford PRO CAL Tuner ($400-450) at the Dealer, they will ask for your PCM code, get it off the sticker on the elect box. The dealer told me after I was done with it to toss it because Fords never going to upgrade,
makes sense for what I said above - but what if I upgrade to a FR S/C? a blue box Pro Cal comes with that???

Good luck and let us know if this fixes it. If you drive with both track and advance track off remember it resets at each engine start so you'll have to kill it every start and if it rains don't get "crazy with the cheese whiz" or you may end up on the side-walk! I just went with an SCT 92 tune on a 2013 GT/CS 5.0 with a Boss intake and had it checked and custom tuned on a Dyno with Mustang specific race pro's and that thing screams after 60, **** my warranty.

Good luck.
Tried doing this but didn't really notice any difference. Espeically not in the 3-6k range. Thank you though!

Originally Posted by Derf00
BTW, this type of stuff happens with ALL brands of cars (issues). Guy I work with spend $47K on a 335IX with lots of options. It's been in the shop abotu half of the time he's owned it for various problems. Read he's owned it about 1 1/2 months half of which (3 weeks) has been at the dealership having various things fixed, upgraded.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to say that this is only indicative of cheap cars and that mine wasn't cheap, only trying to say that it's frustrating to spend that much money on a car and have it give you problem after problem. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Wow this sounds like a pain in the ***.

So here is one thing I can say that should take some of it off your mind. The suspension makes a lot of noise. Which is normal to hear the creaking that's just the shocks. If you had the car lowered its going to make even more front end noise. A good set of Eibach or Koni shocks and struts will take care of that.

As for the other stuff yeah that would be a big issue.
Normal suspension noise I guess I would be OK with, but this is loud moaning/groaning/creaking/clanking that is just not OK. Also I feel like I shouldn't have to spend EXTRA money to make the car work.

Originally Posted by GhostStrykre
stories like these terrify me.

OP, did you say you DO NOT use premium fuel on your 5.0? i nearly bought a 2013 GT and I was told that using premium fuel is pretty much a MUST DO. that premium fuel can make a big difference. i have a 2012 V6 and i just feel like the car runs better with premium fuel. all your other issues are not gas related, that's for sure.

my mustang has been rock solid, with the exception of rattling issues that i've corrected myself, but my wife's Ford Edge, not so much. it does weird things. lately it has been alright, but the brakes gave out on a hill once and the dealership just told us they had no clue since there weren't any error codes.

stories like the OP's, my own personal issues, and all the latest recall stuff is really pushing me away from Ford (which i used to swear by years ago). when my wife's Ford Edge is ready to go i'll likely grab a Subaru (wife wants a dodge durango, but i'm not convinced she won't have issues there as well ha).
Yeah man...like I said in the PM to the Ford Rep...given all the problems the cars had AND the way the local dealership hasn't really fixed any but the brakes and the fact that Corporate Ford just keeps telling me to give them another shot, it's gonna take them coming through for me in a BIG way to keep me loyal to them. They're gonna have to earn it back for sure.

Originally Posted by Weather Man
The Mustang dream is good, your only mistake was picking a nightmare dealer. That your NAV is still not fixed is hilarious. Any good dealer should have figured out a reset did not fix and had a new head unit ordered the same day. Sorry you picked a dealer with such incompetent tech's and/or management team. The tech's could be telling the manager what needs done, but may be resisting for whatever reason. You can't put that dealership in your rear veiw mirror fast enough...doesn't matter how far you have to drive. Horible isn't a strong enough word for the customer service you have received.
It sucks because I'm the type of person that never complains. I also work in the service industry and CANNOT STAND when customers are just plain ******** to workers. I've literally been at other restaurants or places of service and called customers out for having bad attitudes or for treating the employees like ****. It IRKS ME TO NO END to see the staff then bend over backwards for people just to make the ******* happy. I just feel like you shouldn't have to be an ******* to get things done. I am pretty frustrated by this point though and have definitely gotten firmer about stuff.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you are also a refrigeration tech...............

Quick Reply: Dream Car Turned Nightmare