Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
FastFoal

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

Thanks. I'll go over there after it gets here.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
FastFoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #22
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808muscle View Post
I had my second key made at ace hardware 3.5 years ago. I paid $90.
I had one done on a '03 Escape at ACE. It was $69 including the key. I need to get another key for my Stang. My wife lost the second key. I'll let you know what the cost is on that one.
JThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #23
Whalensdad

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang Deluxe Convertible

There are 2 different types of keys that can get programmed. The ones that ACE does are exact duplicates of the key you give them. Your car sees them as the same key so you can't use them as your second key to program other keys. If you go to a locksmith that has the right equipment, the key they program is seen on your car as key number 2, so it can be used to program other keys.

As far as costs, I picked up 2 keys on ebay for about $12 a piece. I had the locksmith cut both keys, but only program one of them. I then used the one they programed plus my original key to program the 3rd key. The cost to program the 1 key and cut the 2 keys was $45. If the locksmith is charging you $80, they're ripping you off.
Whalensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

Dealer paid for mine so no worry there. I did call other locations and all were right at the $80 price except the dealers...they were all high.
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #25
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

If you have a 2011+ mustang. It will be hard to find anyone but a dealer to copy it. They are a new type of encryption.

Whipple-12psi 10 Rib Pulley Kit-McLeod RXT & Steel Flywheel-UPR Rod End LCAs, UCA, Spherical Bearing, Panhard Bar, K-member + Front Swaybar Delete-Metco LCA Relo Brackets-BMR Xtreme Anti Roll-Spydershaft-Race Star Wheels-MGW-PMP Line Locks-Stanghi O/R X-Odyssey 10 lb Battery-Moroso Separator-Eibach Front/CJ Rear Drag Springs-Strange Adjustable Shocks and Struts-MSD 2 Step-etc. 11.29@123 1.59 60'
DRAG RACE? ASK ME ABOUT MY UPR SUSPENSION.
Diabolical! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #26
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

The locksmith I went to for the '02 was doing a newer Explorer for the local law enforcement so the newer stuff is out there I would say.
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #27
crownreserve

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Default Flip Key

I just ordered a couple of Flip Keys off ebay from remotes.inc for my 2010 GT.
They are very similar to VW style keys, the key flips out from the side. After getting jerked around by my dealership about whether or not they would program, I got them programmed and they work fine. I hated the bulky key/remote combo and after losing a key (and not wanting to pay $160 to replace it) I did some searching. Glad I found these and the guy was quick with communication when I had questions about the programming steps.

Ebay Site

http://stores.ebay.com/Remote-s-Inco...=p4634.c0.m322

Ford Flip Key

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300704604341
crownreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #28
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, s/c GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
I tried to ask information to Locksmith but they never replied to my email...

So, in my case, I bought on ebay the key, $35 the one with the retractable blade, cut at Home Depot (I don't remember how much) and ask Ford to program the new key, $86.

when done it's strongly recommended to buy another spare key, the cheapest one and program it by yourself (having two working keys). in this way, even if you lose again the key, you have anyway two to program a new one. for sure the 3rd key is cheap and get you safe to do again the hassle

thanks for the info... i only have 1 key FOB but made a couple extra keys at Lowes.

So if I lost my FOB, couldnt I just use one of my spares, then order a FOB from ebay and have ford program it? I dont get why one would need a backup FOB..

edit: i see, everyone wants the 2-in-1 key... i'm going to order one

Paxton NOVI 2200SL @ 5psi on stock motor, 3" magnapack catback, Hurst short throw shifter, Kaenen cowl hood, 18" Saleen replica wheels, 255/285 Yokohama Advan S, 8 in. shorty antenna, blacked out rear lights/decklid, BOSS style fog-deletes
Jas5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #29
Art161
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

If you want to program a key yourself, you need two keys that are already programmed. If you have a separate fob, you just need to buy a replacement that is capable of supporting your year of vehicle. You can do the programming yourself. The procedure is in the Owner's Guide.
Rear Spoiler Delete
Interior Sport Appearance Package
MGW EJECT Power Point Plug

The more you know, the less you don't know.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #30
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art161 View Post
If you want to program a key yourself, you need two keys that are already programmed. If you have a separate fob, you just need to buy a replacement that is capable of supporting your year of vehicle. You can do the programming yourself. The procedure is in the Owner's Guide.
I bought a FOB on ebay for 6.99 and just programmed it while only having 1 key, now i have the FOB programmed and the stock key with built in transmitter programmed.
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement