Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
mustang_gt808
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 mustang gt
j_stylezbjj
Default best place to buy parts?

all my parts came from american muscle but man everytime i order somthing for my car the shipping kills me!! its like 50% or more then the part im buying for us HAWAII guys where is the best deal to order parts?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2005 mustang gt
5 speed
JLT cold air intake
bama race tune 93
pypes xpipe
pypes muffler delete
ford racing 4:10s gears
JnA LCA
BFG drag radials 275 40 17
sr 1.5 lowering springs
blacked out head,tail,signal.brake lights
20%tint
fron chin spoiler
mustang_gt808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Always try amazon.com first. Brenspeed will ship USPS and offers great customer service. I always use google and try ebay. I have purchased from every major seller out there and many a small ones. You just gotta look around. The Post Office USPS will always be the cheapest. For the big items you can use shiptohawaii.com Check out their website. I have had several friends ship wheels to Maui for only $200.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
mustang_gt808
2nd Gear Member

j_stylezbjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808muscle View Post
Always try amazon.com first. Brenspeed will ship USPS and offers great customer service. I always use google and try ebay. I have purchased from every major seller out there and many a small ones. You just gotta look around. The Post Office USPS will always be the cheapest. For the big items you can use shiptohawaii.com Check out their website. I have had several friends ship wheels to Maui for only $200.
wow thank you i will check that out

2005 mustang gt
5 speed
JLT cold air intake
bama race tune 93
pypes xpipe
pypes muffler delete
JnA LCA
sr 1.5 lowering springs
20%tint
fron chin spoiler
Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #4
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

We are just like you, here in Alaska. Everything is at least 50% higher for freight and whatnot. I have to shop around so much to save a nickel here and dime there. They burn us pretty good. I've found, that if I need anything big for my Mustang, that can come from Ford, I use the dealer. The CS/GT bumpers were big differences, and no freight from Ford. My window louvers (big back window) came via Amazon, free freight service. If you check Amazon, make sure you check the free shipping on the left first and see what you can buy without paying the freight to Hawaii. I still haven't figured out how to get a hood up here for a decent price, but I'm working on it. Good luck to you in HI.
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #5
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 4.6 gt with red leather

same here..i use ebay.com and find the cheapest postage rates.
only one dealer i know of here that supplies genuine parts and thats 100 miles from me..
lucky i hope i never need anything as my car is only summer driven and low mileage
Old 06-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #6
mustang_gt808
2nd Gear Member

j_stylezbjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdoggie View Post
We are just like you, here in Alaska. Everything is at least 50% higher for freight and whatnot. I have to shop around so much to save a nickel here and dime there. They burn us pretty good. I've found, that if I need anything big for my Mustang, that can come from Ford, I use the dealer. The CS/GT bumpers were big differences, and no freight from Ford. My window louvers (big back window) came via Amazon, free freight service. If you check Amazon, make sure you check the free shipping on the left first and see what you can buy without paying the freight to Hawaii. I still haven't figured out how to get a hood up here for a decent price, but I'm working on it. Good luck to you in HI.
i feel you man its so hard to buy parts because the shipping is crazy when i read free shipping on there website im like the people live in that area is so lucky!! they can afford anything up there!! if we both have free shipping omg our cars would be crazy built!!!

2005 mustang gt
5 speed
JLT cold air intake
bama race tune 93
pypes xpipe
pypes muffler delete
JnA LCA
sr 1.5 lowering springs
20%tint
fron chin spoiler
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
AMDanBailer
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2012 Boss 302
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_gt808 View Post
all my parts came from american muscle but man everytime i order somthing for my car the shipping kills me!! its like 50% or more then the part im buying for us HAWAII guys where is the best deal to order parts?
I really wish there was more I could do for you, to help out with the shipping! However, these rates are set by the carriers and are out of my reach.

Let me speak with our Shipping department and see if there's anything I can do for you! To start, if you don't have it already... Shoot me a PM and I'll provide you with the 6% forums discount. That will at least knock of some of the price!

-Dan
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
Shawzie
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 mustang GT

Hey Dan,you could really gain Canadian customers if you would offer USPS shipping,they don't charge us duty or brokerage I've bought 3 things from other places due to you guys using other shipping.
Shawzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

One thing that I have learned, to save money on shipping, is to go to the actual supplier and usually they will usually ship with low or no charge for freight. Silverhorse Racing parts come (from their eBay store) with no freight charges to AK or HI. I just bought the front CS/GT lower grille panel, shipped and delivered for 89. Most other suppliers wanted 99 plus 20-25 to ship that little grille panel. I went direct thru eBay to SHR. No hassles, no extra costs. No freight charges. It definitely pays to shop around.

I appreciate what Dan said about the 6% savings for MM people, but when you are talking $100, 6 % is only 6.00 off, and then add the 20 buck freight, ......, I'm still out 14.00 over the lower 48 prices with shipping.

I hope you understand where we, Alaskan's and Hawaiian's, are coming from. We may be States of the Union, but to UPS & FedEx, we are like the proverbial red-headed step child. (old cliche). Bad part of this story is, both UPS & FedEX have major hub facilities at Anchorage International Airport. Huge warehouses, but they burn us so bad on shipping prices. Sellers need to add USPS to all their customers choices, so that everyone gets a chance to buy at fair prices, and are not subject to a royal butt .....ing in the process. At least USPS gives us a break on flat rate box shipping. Thank you for the forum to vent this.
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!

Last edited by akdoggie; 06-21-2013 at 02:55 PM.
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

I dont know if it's any different and in CO of course, I use the no shipping charge from AM, but have any of you tried shipping to a business address? I've found that with some carriers shipping to my work address rather than residential can lend itself to quite a discount when I do have to pay shipping on an item.

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement