Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
mustang_gt808
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 mustang gt
j_stylezbjj
Default Passenger auto switch

Hey guys my automatic window passenger side don't go up by itself now I would have to hold the switch but my driver side works! Any idea
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2005 mustang gt
5 speed
JLT cold air intake
bama race tune 93
pypes xpipe
pypes muffler delete
ford racing 4:10s gears
JnA LCA
BFG drag radials 275 40 17
sr 1.5 lowering springs
blacked out head,tail,signal.brake lights
20%tint
fron chin spoiler
mustang_gt808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013, Ford, GT/CS

/////////////////////////////// Anti-Moderator Reverse Flux Lock ////////////////////////////////

Does the passenger side switch auto actuate the window? If you push the button on the passenger side, does it auto up or down? If so you have a 1/2 bad switch on the driver side. Possibly coffee, sugar and cream. The passenger switch is closest and would take most of the spill. Would you be a lefty by any chance holding the cup over the arm rest?
If the car is an automatic, not having to shift would allow left handed coffee holding.

Way off topic but this happened to Rod Taylor in a movie about an airliner crash. Spilled coffee, you got it. Now you'll have no need for the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) to inspect the tragic crash I just averted.
You're welcome.

/////////////////////////////// Anti-Moderator Reverse Flux Lock ////////////////////////////////

Last edited by VistaBlueFrank68; 06-30-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Edit locks applies by NTSB, Fed. Statute 00000.0003J
VistaBlueFrank68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
mustang_gt808
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 mustang gt
j_stylezbjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68 View Post

Does the passenger side switch auto actuate the window? If you push the button on the passenger side, does it auto up or down? If so you have a 1/2 bad switch on the driver side. Possibly coffee, sugar and cream. The passenger switch is closest and would take most of the spill. Would you be a lefty by any chance holding the cup over the arm rest?
If the car is an automatic, not having to shift would allow left handed coffee holding.

Way off topic but this happened to Rod Taylor in a movie about an airliner crash. Spilled coffee, you got it. Now you'll have no need for the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) to inspect the tragic crash I just averted.
You're welcome.

The window goes down with the auto switch I don't have to hold it but going up I have to do

2005 mustang gt
5 speed
JLT cold air intake
bama race tune 93
pypes xpipe
pypes muffler delete
ford racing 4:10s gears
JnA LCA
BFG drag radials 275 40 17
sr 1.5 lowering springs
blacked out head,tail,signal.brake lights
20%tint
fron chin spoiler
mustang_gt808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Do the passenger side switches work both ways? If yes and the driver side switch is poo, then it's dry goo in the switch hoo. It's an older car, lots of coffee drink-in and a spill-in.

My work here is done.
Call the car detective, Frank VistaBlue and I'll make spurious and dubious guesses as to your car malfunctions.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Shotokan1509
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT

Sometimes mine will stop randomly, usually reset fixes

With windows up press the down button until the window retracts completely and hold for an extra 2 seconds. Then roll up and hold for an extra 2 seconds.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

+1 on trying the reset procedure found in the OM before replacing anything.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

It's in your owners manual. Reseting, re-calibrates the bottom drop level and the top set 1/2" drop when opening and closing the door. It doesn't get sticky out. So did the re-cal voodoo fix it?
Old 07-01-2013, 05:50 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement