Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's wrong with my hood?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
My stock one did that and the cervinis I have now does it. Not sure what the fix is, you can try adjusting the rubber stops by twisting them like a screw under the hood.
Hey, I pm'd you about your corbeau harness bar.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

LOL! Another person that thinks a Ford, especially THEIR Stang, should be perfect. +1 on "It's a Ford"

You may be able to adjust it but it's not worth the effort, IMO. Your coworker must drive a "non-domestic" vehicle. If not, walk over to his and rip it a new azzhole.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

lol...mine did the same thing, I do a lot of highway driving and it is usually at HIGH speeds and I noticed my hood would shake/vibrate and eventually it became out of alignment also, I have a 08 GT and the factory hood scoop/hood seem paint cracked on the seem edges. I guess Mustangs don't like sustained high speeds!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
LOL! Another person that thinks a Ford, especially THEIR Stang, should be perfect. +1 on "It's a Ford"

You may be able to adjust it but it's not worth the effort, IMO. Your coworker must drive a "non-domestic" vehicle. If not, walk over to his and rip it a new azzhole.

I should have known better. After all, my dream car (Viper GTS) is all hand-built and notorious for having hood alignment issues. It is not a big deal at all. I was just curious if it was something easily adjustable but I have bigger worries than my slight off center hood.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Since you, the owner, didn't notice it for 2 years until someone else pointed it out, it certainly isn't something that's a glaring issue. If anyone else stands in front of your car and notices, run 'em over.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by pascal
Nothing's wrong with your hood but check your latch...
+1 adjust the center of your hood latch. It Mark it before you loosen/move it though so if you mess up you can at least get it back to the same location.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

Alright, thanks for the advice everyone. On a unrelated note (Didn't want to start another thread).........

Had a run in with a lawnmower this week. Moron was blowing gravel right into the road. Put 6 small chips in the door and rear quarter along with a chip in the rear quarter glass. Went to get an estimate today to repaint those sections, replace the glass and the CS tape stripe. ****drumroll***** $1,200 out the door. Now, I have no problems going after this guy and making him pay. I just wonder if it is worth it on my end. Should I just hit these with a touch up pen and call it a day? I've taken damn good care of my car and try to keep it as good looking as possible but it still has chips in it from daily driving that I was just living with until I got the entire car resprayed. As reputable as the shop is and all the reassurances I have that they can color match, I have some reservations about having a third of my car resprayed. Thoughts?

Name:  IMG_0840_zpsbba7933a.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  37.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0842_zpsad8e585c.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  40.6 KB
Old 07-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If I showed the car and/or if it was newer than 5 years old (and 6 MODEL years) I'd probably go after the dimwit. Otherwise, I'd do my best to touch those up as flush as I could, get a good coat of wax on her and be done.

I understand how you feel, though. My wife's '06 Legend Lime is her DD and she freaks over every little tiny dimple.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

Well, it certainly isn't winning awards for paint at shows. The paint is swirl free but has several small chips like these and scratches that were poorly touched up by the previous owner. One benefit is that a few of those pre-existing scratches will be taken care of with the repaint.

If you were to go through with it, would you have any concerns about being able to tell it was repainted?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I've had my rear window louvers painted to match by the dealership where I purchased the car and they did a near flawless job. Also, the pre-painted quarter window louvers I bought are also a dead-on match. I know some others have had issues but I suppose it all depends on the shops abilities. Probably, some colors are likely more prone to mismatch than others.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's wrong with my hood?