Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dubstep Shep's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 10:27 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Love those Mustangs, how much did you pick her up for originally?
Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Dubstep Shep
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Wow, sounds like you've got an ambitious build ahead of you. Glad to see you saved the Bullitt, even though it's got a salvage title. You don't see many on the road (as with all special editions) and Bullitt owners are just as proud by their production number as the SVT folks, so it's an awesome sub-culture to witness let alone be a part of.

Congrats on the impending engineering degree and it's always great to meet another Wade! I graduated this past fall with an ME degree and enjoying the good 'ol nine to five now. If you've got any time between senior projects, exams, and lab write-ups, enjoy your senior year as much as possible. Live up the college lifestyle while you can!

Good luck with your build; I'll be looking forward to reading through all of the new developments.
Oh wow. I've only ever met one other Wade besides myself before, and he went by his middle name, Christian. That, and you being a ME and a mustang guy means we'll probably get along!

Yea, on the note of the salvage title, I've heard rumors that's it's possible to re-title the car in another state as a green title and then move it back to Oklahoma as such. Also, it's technically a rebuilt title, meaning it was a salvage, but has been inspected by an Oklahoma DPS agent and found to be roadworthy. It's a minor step up, but I guess that Oklahoma cars with rebuilt titles that are over so many years old are considered green titles in some other states. I need to do some research on the subject if I ever get the chance.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Dubstep Shep
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Love those Mustangs, how much did you pick her up for originally?
Originally we paid $9,100, plus $750 for shipping.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Dubstep Shep
1st Gear Member

Ok, so I have an update for you guys.

I got all my parts in over the last week; coolant tank, gauges, gears, etc.

Talked to CrownAviation the other day, we should be doing the supercharger install either the weekend of the 3rd or the 10th. So before then I HAVE to get my gauges installed, and I'd like to get my gears done as well.

So the gauges should be fairly easily. I'm still debating where I should wire them though. I'm doing Wideband, Boost, and Voltage. I'm just wondering if I should do the voltage so it stays on until I open my door, because my radio stays on as well. Point of doing the voltage is to monitor the system as eventually I'll be doing a huge build.

Anyways, If not I'll wire them to turn off with the regular gauges.

As for the gears, I have mixed feelings. When I did my 4.10s, I paid like $300 to have them installed. No bueno. I have a friend with a full shop that has done 8.8 rear ends before no problem, but he's likely going to be too busy to help with it anytime soon. I just really don't want to pay to have someone do it. Qualified and reputable or not, I have a phobia of other people working on my baby. Maybe if I could find a reputable shop that would let me oversee and walk me through the install. Idk, that's a tough bill to fit.

Anyways, if any of you guys have done this before and feel like making a few bucks and are anywhere near Oklahoma, I'd rather pay a forum member than some shop to do it.