Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt
Default Insurance???

Do any of you have your modded car insured for a dollar amount. If u do where from and how many miles r u allowed to drive

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

We are in the same boat here..........lots of mods on a older car. I have always wondered this myself. Hopefully someone will chime in.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2014 Pro Street 12.90 Class...Season Points Runner Up
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
outceltj
4th Gear Member

I checked with hagerty but my 6000 miles a year is to much for there insurance
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Mr.Ski
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT

I have mine insured with Grundy. I'm not sure about a mileage limit, as I only have 2600 on my 09 but I know you are not supposed to drive it to work regularly. I had Hagerty for years on another car, and had them with my Mustang, but Grundy was about $200 a year cheaper for the same coverage. I have mine insured for $42000 and it is about $670 a year.
Mr.Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 FORD MUSTANG GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL

As an insurance agent, I'm sad to say that isn't available. Upgrading parts falls into standard maintance/ replacement of oem parts. The upgraded parts fall to opinion whether or not it truly adds value. Your best bet is to keep receipts and hope for the best, but no one is going to increase coverage value based on your stated appraisal. Your vehicle in a total loss is based on actual cash value (market value- not KBB) Typically you can get a rating for low usage if you drive under 7500 annual miles (subject to periodic verification).
2013 GT Premium California Special Performance White- 402a, 6sp Manual, Electronics Pkg, 3.73 Rear Differential, Shaker 500, 3M Medium Tint, JLT Carbon CAI, 93 Hybrid Bama Tune, MGW Short Shifter, Stainless Works Retro-chamber Catback, Whiteline Racing LCA
2004 Yamaha Warrior- Power Commander tune, Vance Hines 2to1 straight pipes, drag bars
2003 Ducati Superbike 749s *Sold*
Warrio17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Mr.Ski
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT

^ I would have to respectfully disagree. That's what an agreed value policy is for. If I total my car tomorrow, my agreed value in my case is $42,000. That is what my policy will pay out. There is no dickering at that point as to what the car is worth.
Mr.Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
outceltj
4th Gear Member

I have read online where there are clauses where an insurance company can basically not be responsible for the alloted amount that agent and driver agreed upon. I have never heard of case like that happening to someone. I think Ill try grundy. I tried hagerty as i stated above but my 6000 miles a year is too many. My car isnt a DD now as I work out of state and fly for work. Plus I dont drive to the airport. So Ill hope for the best.

Anyone else have any experience with this

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 FORD MUSTANG GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ski View Post
^ I would have to respectfully disagree. That's what an agreed value policy is for. If I total my car tomorrow, my agreed value in my case is $42,000. That is what my policy will pay out. There is no dickering at that point as to what the car is worth.
If you have Geico, Allstate, Progressive, or State Farm you have Actual Cash Value. Take a look at your declaration page look near the Collision and Comprehensive line items.
Warrio17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

^^^^ Interesting, so agreed value with those companies are just a ripoff....nice. I hate insurance companies!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #10
zoomerman46
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_R View Post
^^^^ Interesting, so agreed value with those companies are just a ripoff....nice. I hate insurance companies!
NOT SO!!!!!!!!!! I have had my 05 GT with many mods insured with Grundy's for the last 4 years for an agreed upon dollar value with no deductible if completely totaled.
It cost me $411 a year for $28,000 of replacement coverage. If fact, Grundy's annually increases the value of the car. Car must not be a DD also there are no agreed upon mileage limits they assume low mileage for specialty cars . You must provide two digital pictures of the car, front and driver side. That's it. Drive the car and enjoy it!
Saleen Supercharged,3.6 Pulley, 39 lb Injectors, wmsracing 95mm MAF CAI Stock mufflers,Stock 3:55's, Maganflow HiFlow Catted Xpipe, ShaftMaster 3 1/2 in alumium Drive Shaft ,Che Lower control Arms/Panhard Bar,Mishimoto radiator ,Rousch rear springs,CHE K-member w/torque limiters,MGW shifter,SOS Piller POD w/Autometer C2 Boost/fuel pressure gagues.
Dyno'd 442 rwhp @6200 424 Torque on a Mustang Dyno.4/2/2009
zoomerman46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement