MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005 - 2014 Mustangs (http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Single turbo hellion legal in cali? (http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/697931-single-turbo-hellion-legal-in-cali.html)

pballer91 07-09-2013 08:53 PM

Single turbo hellion legal in cali?
 
Does anyone know this answer? Their website just says "EO is pending but still uses stock catalytic converters"

BairdGT 07-09-2013 09:17 PM

Forgive my ignorantness but how can a state make the use of a "type" of turbo illegal.. aslong as your can pass emissions testing which I heard Cali is a bit anal with I don't see why they wouldn't be legal to use

pballer91 07-09-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BairdGT (Post 8245391)
Forgive my ignorantness but how can a state make the use of a "type" of turbo illegal.. aslong as your can pass emissions testing which I heard Cali is a bit anal with I don't see why they wouldn't be legal to use

Welcome to my life man. I looked on the CARB site and didnt see their approval anywhere. MIght have to go with the supercharge :(

BairdGT 07-09-2013 10:12 PM

I'm glad I'm here in the great white north with a province that gives a rats ass about emissions :D

Although I would love to be closer to sea level as elevation can be a downer in these parts lol

But the Hellions do pack a punch compared to crap like Turbonetics but that's probably why they are not CARB legal they just too much to stay under the limits..

Cali should take the stick out of their ass and lower their standards as alot of NEW vehicles even moderately modded don't give off that much emissions it's the older vehicles that can be terrible.

pballer91 07-09-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BairdGT (Post 8245424)
I'm glad I'm here in the great white north with a province that gives a rats ass about emissions :D

Although I would love to be closer to sea level as elevation can be a downer in these parts lol

But the Hellions do pack a punch compared to crap like Turbonetics but that's probably why they are not CARB legal they just too much to stay under the limits..

Cali should take the stick out of their ass and lower their standards as alot of NEW vehicles even moderately modded don't give off that much emissions it's the older vehicles that can be terrible.

Exactly. I called hell a couple years ago to ask if they were going to try to go through CARB and they said the certificate was to costly so they were unsure. I'd love a turbo but if i have to get some crap one I'll just suck it up and get a whipple or edelbrock.

danzcool 07-09-2013 10:44 PM

Yeah, the only turbo system I know of that has a CARB EO is the turbonetics one.
California is a bit retarded/slow when it comes to modifications, if the MFG hasn't paid the nazi's their money, it doesn't matter if it burns cleaner, it's illegal.

I've got a used whipple kit with EO ready to go, sitting in a shop in socal I'm trying to sell.

Lem-06 07-09-2013 11:59 PM

im so glad i live in KY....soon as i have the cash a turbo kit will go on my car...

02GTowner 07-10-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danzcool (Post 8245452)
Yeah, the only turbo system I know of that has a CARB EO is the turbonetics one.
California is a bit retarded/slow when it comes to modifications, if the MFG hasn't paid the nazi's their money, it doesn't matter if it burns cleaner, it's illegal.

I've got a used whipple kit with EO ready to go, sitting in a shop in socal I'm trying to sell.

This^^ Even if it has an EO number pending it is still not legal to install on street driven vehicles. Pending really means nothing. The fee has to still be paid, CARB has to review the submission, test then approve/not approve the applicant's part.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.