Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on Dealership.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 01:37 PM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

Normally when your tail light is out, the blinker is suppoesed to go faster indicating there is problem back there. If it hasn't done that, maybe you should check that out also. There could be a problem with your sensor. I hope that is the only problem that you'll have.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Unfortunately not everyone uses their turn signals....
Lol my bad. I figured since most everyone has sequentials by now that all stang owners use their signals.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Unfortunately not everyone uses their turn signals....
Actually use mine every time, and yes I had noticed that the Right turn signal blinked quicker than the left, however, until I had read the above comment I had NO IDEA that that meant there was an issue. That would explain alot. I just assumed that it was quicker to allow you to know that you engaged your right versus your left blinker.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:01 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Did you buy the car new or should I ask are you the first owner?

Last edited by daredevil95; 07-12-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Did you buy the car new or should I ask are you the first owner?
First owner, drove it off the lot with 14 miles on the Odometer.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
Not sure what to do here, Noticed my Front right Blinker wasn't blinking, so i decided to buy some bulbs and replace it...In the process I came to discover that not only was there no bulb in the Light, there is not even a wiring harness, There are instead three frayed cables with Black electrical tape over where the harness should be attached. This car is Brand new, under 3k miles, driven for maybe two months of ownership, the rest of the time it sat in storage while I was on deployment. When I approached the dealership they told me that it was some how my fault and that they would not even look at it. I already had an appointment for later this week to get my sequentials looked at because they are working incorrectly. I spoke with the manager, he told me that they would "have a looksie when I bring it in later this week but can't promise anything". There is ONE other ford dealership on island, and needless to say I will be taking it to them to have it looked into and The other dealership will never again see my business. Any Advice?
Since you didn't do this the dealer has an obligation to make it right if it was bought new.
That dealership doesn't deserve your business.
Especially not promising to fix such a minor flaw that is
manufacturing fault.

Advise is go to another dealership, tell them the story, tell them you are loyal to dealerships that treat you proper, and ask them to help you and thank them for their kindness while telling them you will pass the word to all your local Ford friends about their kindness and good work.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

If its not new the last owner likely did it though, and it would be up to you to pay to have it fixed.
How many mi when you bought it?

Did you ask if it was ever wrecked cuz if it was even new the owner could have easily done this.

Being its not brand new it smells fishy like this could be the case. My other post may be null.

Check to see if it was wrecked. If no records have them look for evidence that it was.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:29 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07GrabU
You just now noticed after 2 months of owning and close to 3,000 miles your blinker wasn't working? Doesn't your blinker indicator usually go faster when there is a problem?
Wondered about this myself.....pretty sure it states in the owners manual that one side will blink faster when a bulb is bad.

Wealth of info in your owners manual if you take the time to read it. Good luck getting it fixed.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:29 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
If its not new the last owner likely did it though, and it would be up to you to pay to have it fixed.
How many mi when you bought it?

Did you ask if it was ever wrecked cuz if it was even new the owner could have easily done this.

Being its not brand new it smells fishy like this could be the case. My other post may be null.

Check to see if it was wrecked. If no records have them look for evidence that it was.
Car was bought BRAND NEW Less than 20 Miles, 14 to be exact Upon purchase, than it sat in storage while I was deployed.

Originally Posted by White05GT
Wondered about this myself.....pretty sure it states in the owners manual that one side will blink faster when a bulb is bad.

Wealth of info in your owners manual if you take the time to read it. Good luck getting it fixed.
Honestly, Every other car I've ever owned has warned you on the Digital display that something was incorrect with your lighting so the rapid blinking to me lead me to believe that it was to differentiate between the Left and Right blinkers being activated, Secondly, I rarely drive at night so I was never really looking for the bulb to be out. The rear signals work fine, its just the front passengers that is lacking the harness for the bulb.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Well it's dealerships obligation to fix this for you then.
You bought it new and you have a warranty.

No way you should have to eat this.
In the end it doesn't matter how it happened.
It happened and they should stand next to their product.
Take it to another dealership.

Quick Reply: Need advice on Dealership.