Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My (now) White SVE Drifts

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 AM
POWERMAN_

Very nice OP.
Does the plasti-dip hold up well if / when using a wheel brush?

Or do you have to use cloth/soap/water to clean them?

How does it stack up to dedicated wheel cleaner solutions?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I really like the look of white wheels on a white Mustang. Good choice!
I saw white wheels on an older white Saleen and it looked sharp too.
Now, time to drop it.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:17 PM
BrutusPoundcake

Appreciate the feedback - i have been talking about lowering and tinting for almost a year now. I ordered my Eibach kit from American Muscle and it shipped out yesterday along with a panhard bar and some camber bolts. There is enough wheel gap there for a small man to live - it drives me crazy!!

the wheel color is definately whiter than the car but that does not bother me like the off color ford paint on the front and rear bumper (and the side scoops).

I just did these over the weekend so i have no idea what it is going to be like to clean but i plan on powdercoating them for the longer term. i assume they are going to be a friggen nightmare to keep clean - but worth it for now as i like the look.

will post more pics once it is lowered
Old 07-17-2013, 02:58 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

You can probably get a shade of white that better matches the car color by having them powder coated too.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:59 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BrutusPoundcake
Appreciate the feedback - i have been talking about lowering and tinting for almost a year now. I ordered my Eibach kit from American Muscle and it shipped out yesterday along with a panhard bar and some camber bolts. There is enough wheel gap there for a small man to live - it drives me crazy!!

the wheel color is definately whiter than the car but that does not bother me like the off color ford paint on the front and rear bumper (and the side scoops).

I just did these over the weekend so i have no idea what it is going to be like to clean but i plan on powdercoating them for the longer term. i assume they are going to be a friggen nightmare to keep clean - but worth it for now as i like the look.

will post more pics once it is lowered
I know what you mean about the HUGE wheel gap!!! LOL
Once lowered, You will like the look and enjoy driving the car much better.
Plasti-dip is an inexpensive way to find out if you like it or not. I helped plast-dip my buddies wheels black last year. He used soap/water to clean and then he sprayed on some detailer to make it shine a little.
Look forward to seeing pics once it's lowered!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Pretty neat/different.. I've only seen civics and WRX's with white wheels before.

It makes it look more like an R/C car.. I wonder how a black stang with white wheels would look...
Old 07-18-2013, 09:46 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

i dont know how you guys keep your dipped wheels clean, I made the test plastidipped all the chrome I had on my 300c, I really have to say I hate with much anger this product, it peel like in small area ****, my white dipped piecess are now all yellowish/blacked with dirt that cant get removed, I ended removing every dip on my car and man it was a pain in the ***..I do agree it help giving idea and doing test, but I just hate having the feeling im Rolling with a cheap rubber paint that is peeling off or fading out very quick, there is no real way to clean that, there is some kind of crazy frenezy over here thèses guys started a business called XTD Xtreme dip, they dip everyone car, range rover, mercedes, bmw, with all the sweet newly taken picture of beofre/after, but all you hear 1 month after is complain about peeling off, unwashable spot etc, id never dip my whole car, yet ill never use this produce again except on winter rims. I painted all my chrome trime myself and it came out 100% better and holding and cleaning the way it should be. Im having nightmare just thinking about how long it took me to remove all the little hided spot of plastidip spray that are barelly accessible, i cant imagine a whole car dipped everywhere, here an exemple of some guy that got dipped by some real tool, 950$ he paid for this..

the paint wasnt even finished the guy called him and told him it will take more plastidip then expected to finish the job , they wanted another 300$ to continue the job, he somehow prepaid so he couldnt get refund lol, man i would have killed for such a horrible job.

At least the guys at XTD did a good recovery job, but at the end, it cost him 2200$ for a dip job.(1100 from xtd to remove dip and paint the car again)..man id feel like ****..a wrap-vinyl job missed at that price

this is it now.

so all in all, dont abuse of plastidip, even if you know how to spray it, to the op, it does look good (For now lol)

Last edited by mighted1987; 07-18-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:17 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Both examples with white rims look really good.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

I'm digging the white on white! and the white on white with black trim, looks badass plus the white wheels let you see all the details in the rims (hince the reason black RTRs and such look weird) Good job(s)!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 PM
BrutusPoundcake

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Looking good!!

I dipped mine in white and I've stopped trying to keep them clean. Surprisingly they've held up very well and a blast of the hose gets rid of most of the brake dust. I bought a tire shine thing with a handle, except I just dip it in the soap water I use to wash the car and just scrub it.

Jimmy - is your side stripe vinyl, paint or dip?

Quick Reply: My (now) White SVE Drifts