Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered 2014

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

congrats. i got my Performance package for 1k more.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:51 PM
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

I almost went this route over a 4.6 GT, (I'm 19 as well, and insurance is HIGH on a brand new GT, but on my 05 it's actually a lil cheaper than a brand new 6 banger) but then I found my GT for 14k with 30k miles and couldn't pass it up! Throw a tune and intake, some taller gears, and exhaust if you're after sound, and you're good to go stock 4.6 GT hunting
Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by YoungBlood
I almost went this route over a 4.6 GT, (I'm 19 as well, and insurance is HIGH on a brand new GT, but on my 05 it's actually a lil cheaper than a brand new 6 banger) but then I found my GT for 14k with 30k miles and couldn't pass it up! Throw a tune and intake, some taller gears, and exhaust if you're after sound, and you're good to go stock 4.6 GT hunting
This is exactly what I plan to do, almost.

At first I'm just going to put exhaust, probably Borla Atak axle-backs and a rear spoiler, probably a GT/CS painted from AM. Then likely after winter when I get my new wheels and summer tires I'll probably do 3.73 gears and a tune and call it a day. I'm feeling a CAI is a waste of money honestly, it might look nice but from my research it doesn't do much.

So, not really doing all the bolt ons in the world on this lol. I know the v8, 5.0, that's where its at. But I'm 19 and driven no cars over 110HP before. I gotta move my way up folks...
Old 07-18-2013, 03:38 PM
OnlineJeff

Best I can tell from Edmunds.com that is $2,000 under invoice - (please correct me if I'm wrong - just getting into 2014 pricing and research)...

How hard did you have to negotiate?
Is that price just for the car or did you have a trade in that is included in that price?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM
OnlineJeff

Please ignore my last post - I didn't factor in the incentives...
Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OnlineJeff
Please ignore my last post - I didn't factor in the incentives...
I'll still answer your question.

It's a little over $1,200 off MSRP plus the $2,000 incentives. Still a STEAL for a BTO car. I used TrueCar.com's dealer no-haggle service. It partners with dealers in your area and agrees on the lowest no-haggle price and then they call you. Took all of 5 minutes, awesome service.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Instead of doing all of those mods on the V6 and spending tons of money, instead use that money to buy a GT and leave it stock. You will be happier and it will actually sound decent. I never understood how people will complain how expensive insurance is and then spend all sorts of money modding the car. Do what you like, but it's just something to think about.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:19 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
Instead of doing all of those mods on the V6 and spending tons of money, instead use that money to buy a GT and leave it stock. You will be happier and it will actually sound decent. I never understood how people will complain how expensive insurance is and then spend all sorts of money modding the car. Do what you like, but it's just something to think about.
Why does everyone have problems with a V6... ?

V6 is $8,700 cheaper than the GT.

I would still do gears on a GT, I would still do exhaust on a GT, I would still do wheels and tires on a GT, I would still do a tune on a GT. So, no price difference there.

With a GT you pay for ~100 more horses and maybe a few other things. But I can't afford a $30K+ car. I wanted a v6 mustang. So let me buy my v6, do a few mods to it, call it mine, and move on. Why does everyone care so much what other people have for their cars lol.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch

I would still do gears on a GT, I would still do exhaust on a GT, I would still do wheels and tires on a GT, I would still do a tune on a GT. So, no price difference there.

With a GT you pay for ~100 more horses and maybe a few other things. But I can't afford a $30K+ car. I wanted a v6 mustang. So let me buy my v6, do a few mods to it, call it mine, and move on. Why does everyone care so much what other people have for their cars lol.
Nothing wrong with the V6. Its faster than the 1999-2004 GT and only slightly slower than the 2005-2010 GT. Its still a very quick car. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds with 3.31. Easy 13 second car with a good driver.

I believe the 3.31 Gears (Standard are 2.73) are still available as a stand alone option. Would save some bucks to change order to include them. Likely all the gear you will need with the lower gearing of the V6 trans.

After rebates ($1000 Customer Cash, $1000 Down Payment Assistance, $1000 Conquest Rebate, $750 Brochure Rebate) a GT Coupe would run me $25,898 ordered at my local dealer so its a bit less than $30,000.

PS Above price from Pentagon Federal Credit Union Buying Service (Managed by TrueCar).
Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch

I don't have a problem with the V6 at all. When I was 18 or 19, I did the same thing as you did but with a Firebird. I got the V6 because it was cheaper as was the insurance. Then I spent stupid amounts of money on exhaust, wheels, a nice hood...etc. It never sounded good (no V6 will), and every time I pulled up next to an LS1 or even a LT1 Trans-Am, I knew I made mistake. Just posting up from experience.

Quick Reply: Just ordered 2014