Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

checked outa 05 vert today

Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM
zentin
Banned

Default checked outa 05 vert today

96k milage 9k gonna trade in my 98 v6.

I liked it felt pretty fast. However the battery had some cloth wrap around it which was torn. What's that?

Also when I went to put the top up it wouldn't go up, to me it sounded like the motor jammed or something. They said they'll look at it and its gonna rain tomorrow lol.

So do y'all think it will be a good buy?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:37 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

That cloth insulation thing around the battery I dont know what its for, but Im guessing its insulation to try to keep heat off the battery? I know what you're talking about, just dont know what its for. I've taken it off with no issues.

As for the top not going up and the motor jamming, that can be BIG money to fix. Could be hydraulics, etc... so best avoided unless you can get a warranty that will cover it if it does fail.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Get familiar with the laundry list of TSB's associated with theses S197's. A couple can be significant if the car has those issues.

The battery wrap is an insulator; keeps the battery a bit cool(er) in the heat of the day. Kinda useless, IMO.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:22 PM
zentin
Banned

right on - hope its a good buy.

i plan to keep my cobra rims AND THROW DEM D'S ON THAT ON THAT BISH JUST BOUGHT A CADILLAC ERICH BOI SELLIN IT ALL THE GIRLFRIENDS GIVING HEAD RICH BOY SAYIN IT JUST BOUGHT A CADILLAC

THROW SOME D'S ON THAT BISH!!!!!

err sorry. but will the 02 cobra rims that are on my 98 mustang fit my new and loverly 05 vert?

god u guys it was so gorgeous, nice dark metallic blue, and A VERT VERT VERT IT UP NICUKAAAA!!!!

only problem was the top wouldnt go back up....and its supposed to rain tonight so hope they fix it up quick!

also hope they don't mess it up more, cuz it IS a chevy dealership i took my old 'MARO there for some work and they messed up some electric problems, but luckily they paid for it.

MOTHER SUPERIOR
PRAY FOR US
AND JUMP THE GUN

HOPE I GET THIS VERT!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:58 PM
zentin
Banned

If I get this car, I will record a video on my phone with my Spiritual Girlfriend in the passenger seat and play katy perry - teenage dream....we will be like the white BMW except its a mustang and blue.

YOU THINK IM PRETTY, WITHOUT ANY MAKE UP ON
U THINK IM FUNNY, WHEN I DRIVE MUSTANGS WRONG
I KNOW U GET ME, SO I LET THE TOP GO DOWN - DOWWWWNN!! CUZ ITS A VERTIBLE!!!! VERT VERT VERT IT UP MAYNE!!!!!

MAYNE IM SO COMFORTABLE HERE, WHY SHOULD I HEAD TO A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE LIVE IN FEAR

STAND OFF IS THE REALLY HERE!!!!

SOMETHING THEY CAN REALLY FEEL, BUT SEE I'LL NEVER GET, WHY THIS EARTH IS A PUZZLE THAT I'LL NEVEER FIT....I'M NOT OF THE WORLD....SO WHY SHOULD I LEAVE MY SANCTUARY MAYNE - THE WHOLE THOUGHT OF THAT IS SCARY

HOW DO I KNOW THAT MAN KIND WILL TRULY HEAR ME OUT - WILL THEY UNDERSTAND IM FLYING FROM A DIFFERENT ROUTE? POSED AS A HHUMAN BEING - MOTHER MOON TELLS ME THAT PEOPLE NEED MY HELP, I GUESS THESE ARE THE CARDS SHE THREW OUT AND DEALT - SHE SAID I GOTTA DO IT ALONE.....I GUESS I GOTA DRIVE IT ALONE - I GUESS I BETTER GO....I GOTTA DO IT ALONE MAYNE!!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:01 PM
asoka05
1st Gear Member

dafuq ? you high dude ?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by asoka05
dafuq ? you high dude ?
+1

"Performance air filter"? You won't gain any performance unless you get a good custom or dyno tune with that CAI.
"Performance muffler"? You need to search the forum. You won't gain any performance with any changes downstream of the H pipe.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 AM
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

what are you on?... I want some.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Redfire6er
1st Gear Member

This is what's wrong with the youth of America............Can't understand a god damn thing they say anymore. Errrrrrrr...........
Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

You didn't even say if it is a GT or V6? This is the wrong forum if you want people to read your gibberish. Sounds like a big problem with the top, find yourself a new one or be prepared to spend $$$$ to get it fixed. Unless they will replace the motor and hydraulics it's not worth the hassle.

Think about if you buy it, do you want to be worried about getting caught in a rainstorm and you can't get the top up?

That cloth is from Ford around the battery. It insulates, and protects the sides in case it bounces or rattles around so you don't hear it. What about the rest of the car? Suspension in good shape? Motor runs good?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: checked outa 05 vert today