Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football League Sign-Up (Joo Approved)

Old 09-01-2013, 05:56 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Delayed the draft by a bit. We have players who didn't accept invites so I've moved the league down to 14 players currently. I'm trying to figure it out but I don't really know how else to do it.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:27 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Looks like we're running a 14 team league. Lobby opens in a couple minutes.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:37 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Me and HT week 1...oh boy!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

So what is this big secretive prize?

I had to bail early before my last round of picks
Old 09-03-2013, 05:21 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I'm going to get the divisions and schedules set up right now, so that might change Baker!

And the prize we have right now is a choice of either $100 off a set of wheels OR a set of 16 black lugs and 4 black locking lugs. This prize is courtesy of our sponsor, OE Wheels. It will go to the winner of the playoffs and they will get to choose which prize they want once they bring home the championship!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:44 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

For some reason the schedule has the first 3 weeks on repeat...but I'm working on fixing it. Not sure what the glitch is that is causing it right now.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:56 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

What's up M-Triple F-L crew.

So, I need to set up the playoffs for the 14 team league instead of the 16 team league. So far I have a few options:

-14 team playoff. Too big in my opinion.

- Leave it at the 12 team, 1 week per matchup playoff. I feel like this is too many teams for a 14 team league so it's not the most viable of options.

- 8 team playoff. 1 week matchups. Straight up (therefore no advantage to the higher seeds in terms of a bye or point advantage).

- 8 team playoff. 1 week matchups. Point advantage to higher seeded team (either 3, 5, or 6 points). I like this better than the straight up idea for an 8 team playoff, just because it provides a reward for the teams that had the better regular season. In the past this has come in the way of a bye.

- 10 team playoff. Basically two play in games to an 8 team playoff. I have an interesting idea for this setup though. I can't set it up in ESPN this way, but I can alert everyone to set up their lineups even if given a "Bye." The idea is that the first round matchups will actually be two week games. So, the play in game is a one week matchup, but the winner of that game counts their points towards their next weeks opponent, and that opponent gets the points from their "bye" the week before added to their score. The other matchups in the first round are just straight up 2 week games. Then, we'll be down to four teams (presumably the best 4 teams) and those teams will play 1 week matchups straight up for the championship.

The last setup is a bit confusing, but it is my favorite. The two week matchup provides a more stable basis for deciding who the better team is, and it still provides the chance for a streaking 9 or 10 seed to make some noise. We could also provide a higher rank point advantage (3 points) to the first round as well, but that isn't a huge deal.

So, I'm open to opinions. I'll make the final decision as I know it isn't really fair to just take a vote, as the higher seeds will vote in favor of the smaller playoffs, and the 9-12 guys will obviously want a 12 team playoff. I'm currently eliminated from any playoff format unless we decide on a 14 team playoff (ha) so I can be a neutral part in this decision, but I would like some input. I like the 10 team playoff with the weird format, purely from an interest and a fairness perspective. I think if I were to set it up right now I would use that format with a 3 point higher-seed advantage.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:47 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

8 team straight up. Why should teams be afforded more points because they had a better regular season? Isn't the playoffs when the "real season" starts?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

Obviously, I'm going to want a bye week if I can get it. Some of my guys could use another week to recover.

From Sproles forgetting how to play, Cobb's injury, and Blackmon not listening to the DARE program when he was in school, I went from 6K RPMs to doing 360s across the line. Not sure how I'm going to fare, but it'll be exciting...
Old 11-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

I say 8 teams straight up.

Any option with extra points I'm against. That's never fun.

Also, you're already rewarded in the playoffs for having a better season by playing the lower seeded teams first.

Last edited by Tommy079; 11-26-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football League Sign-Up (Joo Approved)