Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync

Old 10-17-2013, 08:41 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Started my car this morning and it started playing the Bob and Tom show on FM (which I hate). I had to wait several minutes before it would accept me changing from FM to AUX. Pain in the ***. It should recognize the device in the auxiliary port immediately.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:15 AM
vegas_
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
When using the USB connection, the USB hardware has to "wake up" within a certain amount of time... otherwise SYNC will assume it isnt there anymore.
I think this is the key point, sync is too quick to assume there is no USB device.
If the previous mode was USB, it should boot up in USB And wait.
Some devices, such as a USB hard drive, might take longer to come up than a USB stick. But sync should know that and take it into account.
I have the problem with just a plain USB stick, which one would think would come up fast.

Just think if your Engine controller didn't detect the presence of the Automatic transmission and assumed there was a manual was there. This would be idiotic. But this code was written by Ford engineers, not Microsoft, so it never happens. But lazy, uneducated, undisciplined, Microsoft engineers do this kind of things all the time, just look at windows.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:50 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Boaisy
Also there is some call quality issues using the bluetooth on Sync. I don't know if it is Sync's Mic, the bluetooth connection, or some software issue with Sync and/or the phone. People just can't hear me clearly, and I have to switch it to the handset/private mode for people to hear me clearly.
This sounds like it may be an issue with the microphone. The next time you have the vehicle in for service, tell the dealer about this concern. If the sound quality is worse while driving than it is in park, let them know so they can test both.

Kim
Old 10-18-2013, 06:04 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Started my car this morning and it started playing the Bob and Tom show on FM (which I hate). I had to wait several minutes before it would accept me changing from FM to AUX. Pain in the ***. It should recognize the device in the auxiliary port immediately.
A handful of times mine has done that, wouldn't respond regardless of what buttons I pushed on it, then several minutes later it started responding. System is just too damn buggy.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
A handful of times mine has done that, wouldn't respond regardless of what buttons I pushed on it, then several minutes later it started responding. System is just too damn buggy.
BUUUUTTTTT GUUUYYYYSSSSS its 'our fault', not Fords. We just dont know how to use it properly.

Matthew
Old 10-19-2013, 03:04 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

In all fairness guys, it's only Ford's fault for choosing Microsoft! If they went with Linux for SYNC we might not be experiencing such annoyances.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
BUUUUTTTTT GUUUYYYYSSSSS its 'our fault', not Fords. We just dont know how to use it properly.

Matthew
And don't forget it's our phones fault for not being compatible, although I don't understand how it can be compatible one day and not compatible the next, but hey, the Ford people obviously know what they are talking about.