Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 04:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
go through menu , play menu, select source, bluetooth audio. and have the music player open and ready on the phone
That's quite a pain in the *** to have to do that each time you start the car though. Again just this morning I got into another argument with my Sync Bitch who demanded that there was "NO BLUETOOTH AUDIO CONNECTED". I really was calling her bad names until about the 5th time I said BTAUDIO and it finally decided it would work the way it's supposed to. There's been a few times I've considered ditching all this tech crap and going back to those old fashioned little silver shiny records that you stick in that slot on the dash. I think the old timers know them as CEE DEEs.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 AM
RWDtech
1st Gear Member

Hahaha

*insert deez nuts joke here*

why does everyone hate CD's now? I still love them. I only use BT Audio if I feel like listening to Pandora (because all the stations here suck). I'd rather just listen to CD's because I can find the album I want, and stick it in, have gapless playback, and have lossless audio quality. With a music players, you have to make sure it is connected (BT audio, or cable), power it on, fumble through a LONG list of artists, then go to album, then click play. Then you have to fumble with the device's audio settings, and look down at it to fast forward or know what track you are on (with devices that dont display on the radio screen). To me its just overly complicated. But CD's will eventually go the way of the dodo bird.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 AM
vegas_
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RWDtech
Hahaha

*insert deez nuts joke here*

why does everyone hate CD's now? I still love them. I only use BT Audio if I feel like listening to Pandora (because all the stations here suck). I'd rather just listen to CD's because I can find the album I want, and stick it in, have gapless playback, and have lossless audio quality. With a music players, you have to make sure it is connected (BT audio, or cable), power it on, fumble through a LONG list of artists, then go to album, then click play. Then you have to fumble with the device's audio settings, and look down at it to fast forward or know what track you are on (with devices that dont display on the radio screen). To me its just overly complicated. But CD's will eventually go the way of the dodo bird.
Well you only get about 10 songs on a regular CD. But a CD's with MP3's on them can hold about 100 songs and sync works pretty well with that, even understands folders. But of course a tiny USB stick, about the size of a dime, can hold 1000 songs.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

The USB stick seems like the most solid solution outside of MP3 players and bluetooth. My player automatically boots when it gets power through the USB which is why it works well in my car.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:31 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
That's quite a pain in the *** to have to do that each time you start the car though. Again just this morning I got into another argument with my Sync Bitch who demanded that there was "NO BLUETOOTH AUDIO CONNECTED". I really was calling her bad names until about the 5th time I said BTAUDIO and it finally decided it would work the way it's supposed to. There's been a few times I've considered ditching all this tech crap and going back to those old fashioned little silver shiny records that you stick in that slot on the dash. I think the old timers know them as CEE DEEs.
Different story this morning, I get in the car, say BT audio, not only did it immediately recognize my phone but it started playing where I left off when I got out of the car last night. Thats what's f**ked up about this system is some days it works flawlessly and other days it's total pain in the ***.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Yep. All they need to do is update the software to optimize the connections, but they haven't had a update since the MyTouch came out. Typical story of tech life cycles.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM
2012brembo50

I had pandora going via bt, text on the stereo, controls on the stereo, great. Then it stopped connecting. No mobile apps found. Now the only way I can connect to any mobile app is to say bt audio. No text on stereo, no controls on stereo. Reset everything to factory defaults, yeah same ****. Heh.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:49 PM
2012brembo50

Unpaired and re-paired phone for the 2nd or 3rd time, and once again it works as it should. I'm sure that will last as long as it takes to get back in the car, and then it'll be back to "no mobile apps found". Love the car, but sync is squirrelly as hell.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Yup. Its amazing that Ford cant get SYNC to work correctly so they go "Hey we cant get SYNC to work so lets create a whole new 100% more complex system (My Ford Touch) and just hope people A. Stop using SYNC so we wont have to spend anymore time trying to fix it or B. Forget how bad SYNC is when they start using MFT".

Matthew
Old 08-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

When it doesn't detect mobile apps, i just restart the phone and have SYNC reconnect to it. much easier then to having to fumble into the master reset. Still, since I switched the Spotify, SYNC does not currently support it on Android devices, so I still have to go the Bluetooth Audio route on that one. Doesn't bother me that much anymore since I have a dash mount and charger for the phone.

Quick Reply: Having to say "Bluetooth Audio" every time - Ford Sync