Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how long do you plan to keep your s197?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Keeping mine for my older son....if he doesn't disappoint me, otherwise his brother gets it!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:28 PM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

I intent to run her to 200k, just kicked over 100 and running fine... I liked the way it looked and the way it drove when I got it and it still delivers--Plus it has been one of the most reliable cars I've owned. A 2005, I haven't had a car payment in years!

Think what you could do with that money. With a good daily driver, you are free to get something truly vintage that never goes out of style and has a kind of cool that a new car can't match, since that seems to be important to you.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:55 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rbowmar
Think what you could do with that money. With a good daily driver, you are free to get something truly vintage that never goes out of style and has a kind of cool that a new car can't match, since that seems to be important to you.
I think that's the best logic I've seen yet. Time to take another look at my budget spreadsheet...
Old 08-06-2013, 02:38 AM
10KonaBGT
2nd Gear Member

Not going to trade or sell this one, it's just way too fun! I don't want to be walking around a car show years from now, see a Boss and say "That's a nice car, let me tell you about the one I USE to have"
Old 08-06-2013, 03:07 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rbowmar
I intent to run her to 200k, just kicked over 100 and running fine... I liked the way it looked and the way it drove when I got it and it still delivers--Plus it has been one of the most reliable cars I've owned. A 2005, I haven't had a car payment in years!

this, ill run it until either i need to rebuild the engine, or do it for FI, get a cheap reliable DD/4wd for **** weather and enjoy all that extra $$ for other stuff other then car payments
Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Rolling13
2nd Gear Member

As long as I am around.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:54 AM
05windviel
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by simplexdesign
Sounds like your friends have a superiority complex. I wouldn't dwell on what they or anyone else thinks. Bottom line, if you like it then thats what matter. And frankly new isn't always better, there is a big chance the S550's come out and all us s197 guys hate it.
i remember when the 2010 style change (although it be very slight) everyone seemed to hate it and complained a lot. now granted things have changed and you don't see that as much but there are still some people who don't even like them.

and to the OP i plan on keeping mine forevery unless something happens. i don't plan on selling it, now granted i may get another mustang thats newer and keep this one though.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

I still don't like them....the Boss was the only one, I could have been persuaded to buy, but I have too much $$$ into mine, and I only have 13k miles on it.

I did almost wreck it this past weekend, too much speed into the corner, and too much power out of the corner....was fish-tailing like the tail on a wet poodle!

Was never able to catch it, and applied full brakes, stopping a ft from the sidewalk...people on the sidewalk ran for dear life!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zentin
my rich friends are kinda rippin on me since i JUST got a s197 stang cuz i got it at a good price. they usually buy a car new then trade it in for a newer model within few years. they were all like "why did you get a s197 NOW? the new models are going to come out next year - you are going to look and feel so stupid when an s550 pulls up next to you at a stop light."

i was like..."oh, cool" but got me thinking damn, in a year my cars gonna be totally obsolete! But not too worried because this is the best I can barely afford right now, and its fast enough for me and I like how it looks. And maybe the s550 won't look TOO much different, or maybe some people will like the s197 more? Shoot I know some people who like the sn95 more then the s197!

My dad still prefers his old '65! He says it doesn't matter about what model you got, a Mustang is a Mustang. They are always going to come out with newer and newer models, so don't really worry about it.

Since I think the 05-09 design is the best and I have 3 of them...miles are...32K on my GT... 13K on my GT500 and wife has 6K on her V6...I think I will be keepin these cars a LONG TIME!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by 05windviel
i remember when the 2010 style change (although it be very slight) everyone seemed to hate it and complained a lot. now granted things have changed and you don't see that as much but there are still some people who don't even like them.

and to the OP i plan on keeping mine forevery unless something happens. i don't plan on selling it, now granted i may get another mustang thats newer and keep this one though.
I still don't like the 2010-2012 rears... looks like Acura designed it. 2013 at least added in some new taillights to get rid of the hideous import look.

Just my 2 cents.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how long do you plan to keep your s197?