Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang V6
Default Cannot refuel

I was just at the gas station and I could not get the nozzle into the tank. The little door (the one on the inside) would not open. Not even with my fingers. It was the weirdest thing. I recent have been smelling gas inside from time to time too. Don't know if that's related or not. I recent installed a wifi ODBII device in but it's been off. Anyway, I took the device out and started the car for 15-30 seconds or so and tried again. This time I could get the nozzle in and get some nourishment in my car. Has anyone ever heard of such a happening?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 V6 Coupe

It's a new voided wraranty thing. The car knows when you've been mucking around and will refuse to let you refuel. There's currently half a dozen Mustangs just sitting at a gas station down the street from me, most likely from the same cause.

My 2012 427w Shelby Tribute
jsimmonstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

Since it is a manual release for the unleaded fuel nozzle....leave the diesel nozzle alone.....never had an issue in 3 years.
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmonstx View Post
It's a new voided wraranty thing. The car knows when you've been mucking around and will refuse to let you refuel. There's currently half a dozen Mustangs just sitting at a gas station down the street from me, most likely from the same cause.
Really?! I saw a station like that. I thought it was just a big Mustang meet-up. I didn't have time to stop though. Maybe I should go back there and give them some help.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Vehicle: Mustangs
facebook.com/FordMustang @FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
I was just at the gas station and I could not get the nozzle into the tank. The little door (the one on the inside) would not open. Not even with my fingers. It was the weirdest thing. I recent have been smelling gas inside from time to time too. Don't know if that's related or not. I recent installed a wifi ODBII device in but it's been off. Anyway, I took the device out and started the car for 15-30 seconds or so and tried again. This time I could get the nozzle in and get some nourishment in my car. Has anyone ever heard of such a happening?
Hello MustangInTexas,

Even though the issue corrected itself, I recommend you get your vehicle checked out at your Ford Dealer. They’ll be able to let you know if there is work needed, or if this is normal. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area if needed.

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
BrazenStang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Convertible

Quote:
Man, talk about big brother! That means that Ford had to implement a latch mechanism to lock you out of the fuel door? It seems excessive.

BrazenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
JTS64

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

The Fuel door tab has two latches on each side that needs to be pressed to allow it to open. I learned this because at the gas station I use one of the pumps has a smaller nozzle than the other pumps so it will not work with my mustang. And I shall forever be reminded of this as I drove across the street to the Ford Dealer where my so called friend works and was shamefully shown that it does indeed work. And I am constantly reminded of it.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #8
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 V6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazenStang View Post
Man, talk about big brother! That means that Ford had to implement a latch mechanism to lock you out of the fuel door? It seems excessive.
I was just being a smart-***.

My 2012 427w Shelby Tribute
jsimmonstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Vehicle: 2011 3.7 Premium

OP you must have the new All Electric model. Thats not a fuel port. Thats where you plug the power cord in.

Matthew

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Matt's 95 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
BrazenStang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT Convertible

Quote:
I was just being a smart-***.
Man, I sold out on that one. lol.

Quote:
OP you must have the new All Electric model. Thats not a fuel port. Thats where you plug the power cord in.
I got the sarcasm there!

BrazenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement