Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my first Mustang on Tuesday.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:21 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Well, I got my car back today with the repainted bumper. It looks good. It had a few small imperfections but nothing that I'm going to raise an issue about. I ended up using their body shop since they would not budge on the issue and it basically came down to me using their body shop or paying out of my own pocket the difference in price which I was not willing to do.

I did end up having an issue with the dealership today though and basically getting thrown off of their lot.

I had a message on my phone after work from the body shop saying my car was done and I could come get it. I drive there and my car is not there. The body shop tells me that the dealer came and picked it up which the dealer never called to tell me. This irritated me because I drove by the dealership to get to the body shop which was four miles in a different direction. I was further irritated when I got a copy of the repair paperwork and discovered that the difference in price from my body shop to theirs was only $69 and not the $150 they originally claimed. I probably could have gotten my body shop to come down that amount.

I go to the dealership and see my car outside the service department. I go look it over and it looks pretty good with only a few small issues. I go find the manager to get my keys so I can put my stuff from the loaner car into my car. I tell him I'm irritated because no one had called me to tell me the car was here instead of at the body shop and that their estimate they had originally given me was wrong. He tells me they paid for the repair and that they can have whoever they want fix it. He makes a comment about the paint job being perfect and I tell him it's not so he follows me out to the car and I show him the imperfections. He says he is going to get the sales manager who was the guy I dealt with in the very beginning of this issue. He comes out and makes a smart *** comment about me not being happy again. I tell him they should have called me to come here instead of me going to the body shop. He tells me I should have called them before I gave them a bad survey about how they handled this whole thing. I told him I told them I wasn't happy with the outcome and could not give a good recommendation. He then tells me that they should have never sold me the car and that he had tried backing out of the deal on the day I bought it and that they did me a favor by selling me the car for the price they did. I told him that I didn't force him to sell me the car.

He then tells me that if I'm unhappy with the paint that I could take it up with the body shop and that he wasn't doing anything else for me. I tell him that I'm not asking him to do anything for me and that I knew I had to talk to the body shop if I wasn't happy. He then tells me to get in my car and get out of here and that he is done talking to me and he goes toward the building. At this point I'm very pissed. I tell him I want to talk to the owner and he says that the owner would be glad to talk to me because he knows the entire situation and also says they should have never sold me the car. He then goes into the building.

I then realize that I still don't have my car keys and I go inside to look for him. I find him and tell him I can't leave because I don't have my keys. He tells me he doesn't have them either but goes to look for them. He brings them to me and I prepare to leave. This is where I discover after looking at my odometer that someone has driven my car 13 miles since I dropped it off at the body shop and that the dealership is only about 4 miles from the body shop. Of course now I'm thinking all kinds of bad thoughts like they took my car out and ran the crap out of it because they are pissed about their survey. I guess time will tell if something major goes wrong with it early on. Needless to say, not a good ending for the day. I'm just glad that the paint is fixed and hopefully it was done right.

Anyone else have a bad experience like that at a dealership?

ps. I did try to call the owner on my way home but was told he wasn't in. I guess I will try again later but it will probably do no good to tell him what an Ahole his sales manager was. I'm sure he will believe him over me.

Wayne
Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 70monte
Well, I got my car back today with the repainted bumper. It looks good. It had a few small imperfections but nothing that I'm going to raise an issue about. I ended up using their body shop since they would not budge on the issue and it basically came down to me using their body shop or paying out of my own pocket the difference in price which I was not willing to do.

I did end up having an issue with the dealership today though and basically getting thrown off of their lot...
Hi 70monte,

I know this has been a tough one for you. I’d like to get your dealer experience documented. Please PM me with your dealer, full name, VIN, mileage, and best daytime number.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 09-17-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:00 AM
yanks1
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear about your experience, what a disaster. They are NOT treating you like a valued customer. Really makes you wonder. Good luck & enjoy the car, it looks awesome. Take a deep breath
Old 09-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I did end up having an issue with the dealership today though and basically getting thrown off of their lot.

I had a message on my phone after work from the body shop saying my car was done and I could come get it. I drive there and my car is not there. The body shop tells me that the dealer came and picked it up which the dealer never called to tell me. This irritated me because I drove by the dealership to get to the body shop which was four miles in a different direction. I was further irritated when I got a copy of the repair paperwork and discovered that the difference in price from my body shop to theirs was only $69 and not the $150 they originally claimed. I probably could have gotten my body shop to come down that amount.

I go to the dealership and see my car outside the service department. I go look it over and it looks pretty good with only a few small issues. I go find the manager to get my keys so I can put my stuff from the loaner car into my car. I tell him I'm irritated because no one had called me to tell me the car was here instead of at the body shop and that their estimate they had originally given me was wrong. He tells me they paid for the repair and that they can have whoever they want fix it. He makes a comment about the paint job being perfect and I tell him it's not so he follows me out to the car and I show him the imperfections. He says he is going to get the sales manager who was the guy I dealt with in the very beginning of this issue. He comes out and makes a smart *** comment about me not being happy again. I tell him they should have called me to come here instead of me going to the body shop. He tells me I should have called them before I gave them a bad survey about how they handled this whole thing. I told him I told them I wasn't happy with the outcome and could not give a good recommendation. He then tells me that they should have never sold me the car and that he had tried backing out of the deal on the day I bought it and that they did me a favor by selling me the car for the price they did. I told him that I didn't force him to sell me the car.

He then tells me that if I'm unhappy with the paint that I could take it up with the body shop and that he wasn't doing anything else for me. I tell him that I'm not asking him to do anything for me and that I knew I had to talk to the body shop if I wasn't happy. He then tells me to get in my car and get out of here and that he is done talking to me and he goes toward the building. At this point I'm very pissed. I tell him I want to talk to the owner and he says that the owner would be glad to talk to me because he knows the entire situation and also says they should have never sold me the car. He then goes into the building.

I then realize that I still don't have my car keys and I go inside to look for him. I find him and tell him I can't leave because I don't have my keys. He tells me he doesn't have them either but goes to look for them. He brings them to me and I prepare to leave. This is where I discover after looking at my odometer that someone has driven my car 13 miles since I dropped it off at the body shop and that the dealership is only about 4 miles from the body shop. Of course now I'm thinking all kinds of bad thoughts like they took my car out and ran the crap out of it because they are pissed about their survey. I guess time will tell if something major goes wrong with it early on. Needless to say, not a good ending for the day. I'm just glad that the paint is fixed and hopefully it was done right.

Anyone else have a bad experience like that at a dealership?

ps. I did try to call the owner on my way home but was told he wasn't in. I guess I will try again later but it will probably do no good to tell him what an Ahole his sales manager was. I'm sure he will believe him over me.

Wayne
one of the first things I would do if I were you, if you haven't already done so, is remove their advertising from your deck lid. Don't be a rolling billboard for those Aholes! I don't like the dealer I bought my car from either. I take my car to a different dealer for work. Hopefully over time you will slowly forget about the bumper and begin to enjoy your stang.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 PM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

That is a sexy Mustang! Sorry for all the issues with your dealership.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:47 AM
70monte
1st Gear Member

I did talk to the owner and he apologized for the way Iwas treated. I'm just going to leave things as is and enjoy the car.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:10 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

I did talk to the owner and he apologized for the way Iwas treated. I'm just going to leave things as is and enjoy the car.
Thank you for the update.

Deysha