Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my first Mustang on Tuesday.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:11 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Looks great! Love the color...Although I am Biased ;P
Old 08-17-2013, 07:40 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Good Luck. Hope everything turns out Ok. Update us.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:26 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Hope that will always be the worst of the problems!! Congrats on the purchase!
Old 08-17-2013, 01:30 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I guess I'll come to Ford's defense a little here. I agree it should have been caught in QA before the factory, but there are times when paint defects can pass an inspection and get missed. I recently bought a set of window covers from a very reputable manufacturer, waited almost 2 months and they arrived with a paint defect. When I called them, they took immediate and professional attention of the matter.

Do you have the option of another Ford dealer in your area? You could just be dealing with a jerk sales or service manager. You should not be getting this kind of run around IMHO.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:02 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 70monte
my body shop guy said that is not the correct way to repair this and that in a year or two, I would be able to see where it's blended in.
Actually if you are as picky and OCD as I am it won't take 2 years to notice cheap $hitty paint and bodywork, you will see it immediately and every time you walk up to the car you will be looking at it and be mad about it.. Don't let them go cheap on the repairs.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:14 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

YEAH FOR KIT!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:54 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
Actually if you are as picky and OCD as I am it won't take 2 years to notice cheap $hitty paint and bodywork, you will see it immediately and every time you walk up to the car you will be looking at it and be mad about it.. Don't let them go cheap on the repairs.
When it comes to my vehicles, I'm exactly like that so I won't let them cut corners on fixing this right. The place I bought my car is about 60 miles from where I live so I prefer someone local to do the repair so that I can go check on things if I want. The local place also has a good rep so I'm confident that they will do the job correctly.

I just hope there won't be a fight about who fixes it so it doesn't ruin my joy of buying this car. Right now I feel like I have a flawed product and just thinking about it pisses me off. I'm not saying it's anyone's fault but it's just my luck to pick one that has a problem like this right out of the gate. I know vehicles are not perfect but having to get something like this fixed so soon sure puts a damper on things. Right now I don't even feel like driving the car. The one negative about using the local shop is that they can't even get to it for three weeks. That is how busy they are.

I talked to my salesman today and he said they will talk to their body shop guy on Monday since they were closed yesterday to let me know what they are going to do so hopefully I will know a decision by then.

Wayne
Old 08-17-2013, 09:51 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

KIT KIT KIT KIT KIT KIT!!!!! lets hear it for Kit!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:50 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Hope everything works out! Congratulations and Welcome to MF!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

My advise is to have the dealership fix it. I had the paint bubbling issue on the hood of my '11. I was advised I could take it to my own shop or have Ford do it. The only reason I had Ford fix it was because it comes with a life time warranty on work and paint for as long as I own the car. Not sure if your bodyshop will offer the same warranty but its better to go through the hassel now then have to work about paying again in the long run.

Besides that - Good color choice!

Matthew

Quick Reply: Got my first Mustang on Tuesday.