Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is something wrong? Maybe I just suck

Old 08-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Byzil

Default Is something wrong? Maybe I just suck

Hello!

This is my first post here so I hope all goes well.

I'm driving a 2011 V6 Mustang DUB Edition with a number of modifications.

Today I got my OBD-II Bluetooth device and Torque for Android and decided to finally go see what I could get for 0-60 times at a nearby abandoned road.

Here's the thing.. the very fastest I was able to log was 7 seconds. I know that's WAY off from where it should be. So I'm trying to figure out what I need to do better. I'm trying to launch around 1.5k rpm (though I still get tire squeal), I'm shifting in the upper RPM, it's really difficult not to set the car into another fit of tire spin when shifting into 2nd. I clearly don't know much about how to shift for maximum speed but I didn't think I was THAT bad (maybe I am). But I also just worry maybe something else is wrong entirely.

The car should be doing a lot better than that! I live in Sacramento, CA. Flat road, 100* outside, sunny, straight line.

Car details:
2011 V6 DUB Edition 6spd manual
20" TIS wheels with Pirelli tires
Performance suspension
Magnaflow exhaust
Forward strut brace
BBK 73mm throttle body
AM Short throw shifter
3.31 gears
Procharger D1sc1 supercharger at 8 PSI
Procharger tune

given that, I really feel like it shouldn't be too hard to hit better numbers, but I'm still coming in under stock. Any suggestions?

And thank you for your time reading!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:18 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Practice, practice and practice, also it could depend on the accuracy of the app. Hard to say, I am looking into the idea of getting the same app and would like to find out if it's truly worth it.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

I got Torque for Android /w ELM327 BT Adapter and I find that thing is so inconsistent it's not even funny..

My TrackApps will show a 13.0@113 to 13.2@112 for the 1/4 which at the track is a mid 12.7x to low/mid 13.0x (have compared TrackApps at the track and it's about 0.2-0.3 slower than track time slips) and when I look at what Torque says my 1/4 is at it tells me I ran a 13.4 to 13.6 (Shakes My Head!!)

You want a more accurate method take your car to the track and use your time slip numbers and plug them into the excel sheet a guy on the Corvette forums has created.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111200

It won't be 100% accurate but it'll be a hell of a lot closer than TrackApps or Torque
Old 08-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Byzil

Originally Posted by BairdGT
I got Torque for Android /w ELM327 BT Adapter and I find that thing is so inconsistent it's not even funny..

My TrackApps will show a 13.0@113 to 13.2@112 for the 1/4 which at the track is a mid 12.7x to low/mid 13.0x (have compared TrackApps at the track and it's about 0.2-0.3 slower than track time slips) and when I look at what Torque says my 1/4 is at it tells me I ran a 13.4 to 13.6 (Shakes My Head!!)

You want a more accurate method take your car to the track and use your time slip numbers and plug them into the excel sheet a guy on the Corvette forums has created.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111200

It won't be 100% accurate but it'll be a hell of a lot closer than TrackApps or Torque
Goodness is the app really that inaccurate? I do suppose I noticed about half the time I'd speed 0-70ish and it'd still refuse to even feed me a 0-60 time.

I was just hoping to learn some basics and get an idea before I go to a track, I really would hate to get out there with my supercharged car and run 15s and look like a complete idiot haha
Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 PM
jerstysu
1st Gear Member

not to hijack your thread, but which Bluetooth adapter did you settle on?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Byzil

Originally Posted by jerstysu
not to hijack your thread, but which Bluetooth adapter did you settle on?
Amazon.com: Bluetooth Supper Mini OBD 2 /Mini OBD II Compatible with Andriod Power 2-Blue: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Bluetooth Supper Mini OBD 2 /Mini OBD II Compatible with Andriod Power 2-Blue: MP3 Players & Accessories

I ended up getting that one. Insofar as the actual adapter goes it seems to work flawlessly.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:55 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Goodness is the app really that inaccurate? I do suppose I noticed about half the time I'd speed 0-70ish and it'd still refuse to even feed me a 0-60 time.

I was just hoping to learn some basics and get an idea before I go to a track, I really would hate to get out there with my supercharged car and run 15s and look like a complete idiot haha
Dude, have you ever been to the track? lol everyone screws up once and awhile hell I've run a 15.2 before cause I screwed up my launch then missed 3rd got pissed off missed 4th haha it was an epic fail aslong as your are competing with the guys running 18s it's all good lol

I find the app to be ridiculously inconsistent and slow I am not sure if there is some special way it's suppose to be setup or not but I rely on my TrackApps more than I do Torque App.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I've found the droid apps to be highly inaccurate and unreliable. Thats not to say that they havent improved, but I gave up on them probably 2 years ago.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:02 PM
miner999r
1st Gear Member

also need a blue tooth adapter that is fast, some are almost real time talking to Torque others - well they are slow - maybe that is an issue.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

for a good fast one they are like $100+ figured why not give it a shot with the ELM327 ($20) can't expect much lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is something wrong? Maybe I just suck