Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who bought theirs new and still own it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:01 PM
2011P51GT
1st Gear Member

I ordered my 2011 in the fall of 2010. Mods are in the sig.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:02 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

kept the 07 for 7 yrs, got the 2014 last October.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:40 AM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Ordered my 2010 in July of 2009, came in August 26, 2009, had it ever since.

Currently the mileage is right around 6600 miles.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:56 PM
WitchDr

Default Lemon

After a long and drawn out process, Ford just repurchased my 2012 GT Premium after I filed a Lemon Law dispute with the BBB.
I bought the car new in 2011 and liked it a lot, except for adding engine oil. After about 12,000 miles I noticed the transmission was leaking. Between January and September 2013 the car was in the shop for a total of 1 month for the leak and a faulty defrost actuator motor. The car was fun and had good performance for the price, but I was fed up having to take it to the dealership so often. I had to go to an arbitration hearing with Ford and the BBB forced Ford to buy back the car. I would have been satisfied had the car been repaired in the first place, but that didn't happen. It even took the dealership 9 days to fix the defrost problem.
Now I'm looking for a new car.

2012 GT Premium, black with lava interior, manual transmission, Brembo Brake Package, 3.73 axle
Old 03-28-2014, 08:57 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

WitchDr..... All I can say is ouch! Every now an then you're gonna find a Lemon. You just never want to be the person who gets it. I hope you find a cherry next time.

I got my GT Premium in October 2011. It was an Interesting day. Walked into the showroom and there were three cars on display. A Challenger RT, a Camaro SS and A Mustang GT. I was there to purchase the new ride for my wife...a 2012 Traverse LTZ.....to keep her happy shuffling our 5 kids around of course.

I kept looking at the three muscle cars they had on the showroom floor. And my wife knew I missed my previous 68 Mustang, 71 Challenger, 69 Camaro. The question came up...if could pick one of these right now which one would I want. I said wasn't really partial to any of them I just like the fact that 3 modern but retro styled muscle cars from my past are on display in this showroom. It just brought back memories.

She said well, pick one. So I looked over again then got up and saw my oldest son already on the floor checking out the cars. He was just gushing over them. The wife followed me over. Then I asked my son....which one would you pick if you had a choice. Without hesitation he said the Mustang. I asked him why?

My son always has his head in the books and is always reviewing the hottest cars. So I guess he was my authority on this kind of decision. Not that I was intent on buying any car for myself. .... He said the Mustang takes the other two hands down in any 1/4 mile, 0 to 60 and is lighter, has a modern redesigned engine, can take on the BMW M3, and dad... you can see out of it. Of course he was correct. Not bad for an 11 year old. I nod my approval to him and he just smiles and continues checking out the cars.

So I go to finish the deal on my wife's Traverse. And when asked if I like the deal I'm about to sign on...I say nope, not until you let me know how getting the Mustang over there rolled into this purchase will adjust the bottom line on a package deal. My wife doesn't act surprised at all and smiles her approval. Then the numbers are all worked out again. But, the salesman says that before he can sell the Mustang he insists I test drive it first. My son is still out there with my other kids and hasn't got a clue, but sees his parents walking back with the salesman.... and his eyes bugging out when he sees the Showroom front windows sliding open to allow his dad to drive the Mustang off the floor. The salesman gives him the okay to get in the backseat. And the three of us drive off. My poker face on. the salesman smiling and my son with the biggest stinkin grin on his face.

The rest is history. As this is now the platform for him to learn on just like my dad did for me before he gave me the keys to my first car. Its in his school up on a lift whenever I need to do something under it.... and of course he gets bragging rights among his friends whenever a mod goes on. You only live once. So whenever possible...inject something vicariously to enjoy reliving it.

---
Old 03-28-2014, 11:09 AM
70monte
1st Gear Member

I bought my 2014 GT new last August with 38 miles on it. I have done a few small mods but nothing major. I plan on keeping this car for a long time and have a history of keeping my vehicles for awhile. Just to give you an idea.

1970 Monte Carlo Bought in May of 87 and still own. This was my second vehicle that I had owned.
1998 Chevy Z71 truck that I bought new in May of 98. Still own with 126,000 miles on it.
1998 Chevy 1-ton 4x4 truck. Bought in Nov. 2007 with 94,600 miles and now at 105,000 miles.
1992 Cavalier. Bought in Aug. 2006 with 76,600 miles on it. Now at 195,400 miles. This is my daily driver.

So as you can see, the Mustang will probably be a long term vehicle unless it starts giving me a lot of problems and then it will be gone.

Wayne
Old 03-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
WitchDr..... All I can say is ouch! Every now an then you're gonna find a Lemon. You just never want to be the person who gets it. I hope you find a cherry next time.

I got my GT Premium in October 2011. It was an Interesting day. Walked into the showroom and there were three cars on display. A Challenger RT, a Camaro SS and A Mustang GT. I was there to purchase the new ride for my wife...a 2012 Traverse LTZ.....to keep her happy shuffling our 5 kids around of course.

I kept looking at the three muscle cars they had on the showroom floor. And my wife knew I missed my previous 68 Mustang, 71 Challenger, 69 Camaro. The question came up...if could pick one of these right now which one would I want. I said wasn't really partial to any of them I just like the fact that 3 modern but retro styled muscle cars from my past are on display in this showroom. It just brought back memories.

She said well, pick one. So I looked over again then got up and saw my oldest son already on the floor checking out the cars. He was just gushing over them. The wife followed me over. Then I asked my son....which one would you pick if you had a choice. Without hesitation he said the Mustang. I asked him why?

My son always has his head in the books and is always reviewing the hottest cars. So I guess he was my authority on this kind of decision. Not that I was intent on buying any car for myself. .... He said the Mustang takes the other two hands down in any 1/4 mile, 0 to 60 and is lighter, has a modern redesigned engine, can take on the BMW M3, and dad... you can see out of it. Of course he was correct. Not bad for an 11 year old. I nod my approval to him and he just smiles and continues checking out the cars.

So I go to finish the deal on my wife's Traverse. And when asked if I like the deal I'm about to sign on...I say nope, not until you let me know how getting the Mustang over there rolled into this purchase will adjust the bottom line on a package deal. My wife doesn't act surprised at all and smiles her approval. Then the numbers are all worked out again. But, the salesman says that before he can sell the Mustang he insists I test drive it first. My son is still out there with my other kids and hasn't got a clue, but sees his parents walking back with the salesman.... and his eyes bugging out when he sees the Showroom front windows sliding open to allow his dad to drive the Mustang off the floor. The salesman gives him the okay to get in the backseat. And the three of us drive off. My poker face on. the salesman smiling and my son with the biggest stinkin grin on his face.

The rest is history. As this is now the platform for him to learn on just like my dad did for me before he gave me the keys to my first car. Its in his school up on a lift whenever I need to do something under it.... and of course he gets bragging rights among his friends whenever a mod goes on. You only live once. So whenever possible...inject something vicariously to enjoy reliving it.

---
great post dude..nice story..cheers for posting it
Old 03-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Ordered the 06 GT in May of 06, 32k on it now. Replaced the fuel pump, along with the normal CAI & Brenspeed tuning, Dynotech DS, Flowmasters,sequentials, changed plugs with no problems... Got wife's 09 V6 in 09, 6600 miles now, CAI & Brenspeed tuning,sequentials, and appearance mods...
08 GT500 in 2010 (had 558 miles, close to new)...14K now...Brenspeed stage 2 blower upgrade with a few other things, now running 14 psi boost...Dynotech DS, sequentials & Borla exhaust system. All are running fine with no problems...not been rained on...polished and pristine!

Last edited by Lifter583; 03-28-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:29 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I got mine labor day 06 & cant believe I still have her

Never owned a car more than 2 to 3 years.

I still enjoy driving it and still turns heads every time
I take her out.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:46 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

sorry
I double posted
Stupid mobile phone

Quick Reply: Who bought theirs new and still own it?