Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Louvers from American Muscle issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Mayberry40
2nd Gear Member

"Goof off" (walmart $6.00) will take off the residue left when the tape is off.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by XEDES
Seems like a good time to switch to 3M Velcro so you can remove the louvers to clean the glass. Also pick up some 3M adhesive promoter and put that on the louvers before you out the new tape/velcro. It helps create a stronger bond.
I second that. You can go to Lowes and buy some 3M Velcro. Had no issues and I am on the 8 month. Taking them off is an ease for times that the window needs some cleaning...
Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Seems like a good time to switch to 3M Velcro so you can remove the louvers to clean the glass. Also pick up some 3M adhesive promoter and put that on the louvers before you out the new tape/velcro. It helps create a stronger bond.
Excellent idea! It would definitely make it easier to clean those windows.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:29 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AfoolandhisPony
I bought the painted plastic black louvers for my GT. They went on fine enough, but I don't have covered parking and it rained this weekend. The louvers are coming "undone"

The tacky tape is sticking fine to the car, but the louvers themselves are coming "detached" from the sticky tape.

Is there any fix for this??

Thanks
This sounds very odd. We usually do recommend about 24 hours drying time for these, just to let the 3M tape settle before the sun beats on them and rain etc.. However, we completely understand that you don't have covered parking, either do I! When it comes to 3M tape, its crucial that the surface is extremely clean, no wax and perfectly dry or sometimes things like this can happen.

We can definitely help you out with this! There's a few different options, shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll have my CS manager contact you directly!

I'm sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you. We'll have you squared away and enjoying your louvers very quickly!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 08-30-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:06 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

I wish I would have thought of this. Sounds like a great idea.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

How well does the 3M velcro work? I have some louvers arriving today and may just go this route.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sorry guyz, but the Velcro idea may sound great but in reality you run the risk of losing your louvers to vandals. Too many folks have had their aftermarket parts ripped off even WITH the 3M tape direct to the body or window. But that's your call...
Old 08-29-2013, 03:14 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Sorry guyz, but the Velcro idea may sound great but in reality you run the risk of losing your louvers to vandals. Too many folks have had their aftermarket parts ripped off even WITH the 3M tape direct to the body or window. But that's your call...
I second this.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Just to keep everyone in the loop, we're working on getting the OP squared away as we speak!

He's going to pop off the louvers, clean both surfaces very well, re apply the 3M tape and pop them back on. This should absolutely fix the issue! If it doesn't fix the issue, we're going to have a replacement set of louvers shipped out to the OP right away. Our Customer service manager is also in direct contact with the OP to make sure he's squared away and taken care of.

If you guys ever have a question or need some assistance, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll gladly help you guys out!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 08-30-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Very true. For this very reason, I park my car in the garage and my wife's KIA goes out in the drive way

Quick Reply: Louvers from American Muscle issue