Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Louvers from American Muscle issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by XEDES
Lol! Deal.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Whatever you decide, don't let it drive you crazy. I knew a guy who bought a new Porsche. He was always worrying about whether someone might damage it while it was parked. It was causing him such concern that he got rid of it and bought a Lincoln--this was back in the day when Lincolns were real tanks. Then he could relax again.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

On Friday night, while reading this thread, I was gonna reply that I highly doubt that anyone would try pulling off the parts on a car. I decided not to post my thoughts though because I had my doubts that there may be some people who would do it just to mess around with a nice car.

Come the next morning, I'm washing my car. I open up the trunk to vacuum it and I hear a rattling sound on the trunk lid. I close it and open it several times to determine where the sound is coming from and once I realized it, I pulled on the padding thing under the trunk lid and a bolt came out. I immediately recognized it as one of the bolts from my GT500 spoiler! I close the trunk and notice that the spoiler shook a bit. I took a closer look and it was obvious someone tried ripping out my spoiler from my car!!! The two bolts on the passenger side were broken off and the tape was no longer sticking on that left side.

Now imagine my spoiler was just placed on with velcro... My mind was changed. Don't use velcro on any of the parts!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:43 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Antonio323
On Friday night, while reading this thread, I was gonna reply that I highly doubt that anyone would try pulling off the parts on a car. I decided not to post my thoughts though because I had my doubts that there may be some people who would do it just to mess around with a nice car.

Come the next morning, I'm washing my car. I open up the trunk to vacuum it and I hear a rattling sound on the trunk lid. I close it and open it several times to determine where the sound is coming from and once I realized it, I pulled on the padding thing under the trunk lid and a bolt came out. I immediately recognized it as one of the bolts from my GT500 spoiler! I close the trunk and notice that the spoiler shook a bit. I took a closer look and it was obvious someone tried ripping out my spoiler from my car!!! The two bolts on the passenger side were broken off and the tape was no longer sticking on that left side.

Now imagine my spoiler was just placed on with velcro... My mind was changed. Don't use velcro on any of the parts!
Wow!! Well glad the spoiler wasn't stolen bro. I really hate parking my car when I shop (i.e. malls, grocery stores, ect). Everytime I leave, its always in the back of my mind that I may return to an upsetting surprise...
Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
XEDES
2nd Gear Member

That sucks. People or should I say HATERS have no respect these days.