Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear suspension click/pop

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 11:28 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Default Rear suspension click/pop

Tried to do a little search and found nothing, but lately I have been getting a click or pop noise when I go over bumps, it doesn't seem bad, just annoying more than anything. I am lowered with LCA's, aluminum DS, shocks, adjustable panhard and FRPP diff cover. I checked to make sure everything was tight and it seems to be, maybe the LCA bushings are starting to go? I started to notice it after the DS/panhard/diff combo went in.

Also speaking of the panhard bar, I put that in, adjusted it to length and made the wheels align properly. One day I noticed that the drivers side stuck out more than the passenger side so I looked and my jamb nut had backed off, so I shortened the bar as short as it could go, but it still is the same, any ideas on that one too?
Old 08-31-2013, 02:44 PM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Tried to do a little search and found nothing, but lately I have been getting a click or pop noise when I go over bumps, it doesn't seem bad, just annoying more than anything. I am lowered with LCA's, aluminum DS, shocks, adjustable panhard and FRPP diff cover. I checked to make sure everything was tight and it seems to be, maybe the LCA bushings are starting to go? I started to notice it after the DS/panhard/diff combo went in.

Also speaking of the panhard bar, I put that in, adjusted it to length and made the wheels align properly. One day I noticed that the drivers side stuck out more than the passenger side so I looked and my jamb nut had backed off, so I shortened the bar as short as it could go, but it still is the same, any ideas on that one too?
This may sound dumb, but when the caster/camber plate in the front of the car started to go bad, it sounded to me like it was coming from the back. Same with the sway bar in front...ISYN. You can check it easily enough by lifting the front under the fender by hand, just lift up and down in a rhythm and if the CC is failing you will hear the pop...
on the panhard, are you sure you adjusted it in the right direction? just sayin.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:29 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I'll have to check the caster camber plates but I did swap those out with the shocks, it just makes the click when the rear end hits the bumps, not the front. I'm pretty sure I went the right way, shorter moves the rear to the passenger side while longer moves it to the drivers side, right?