Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 v6 rough idle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:29 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Default 2014 v6 rough idle?

I'm sill in the first week with my new 2014 v6, so bare with me.

I've noticed sometimes it has a rough idle of sorts. Just today I was waiting for food in a mcdonald's drivethrough. Every 15-20 seconds the engine would shudder/snap, rpms would drop 100-300 and then it would return to normal. You can feel it in the whole car though, the whole car flexes a tiny bit.

This was with the AC on, about 85 degrees outside.

I'll continue to monitor it over the next few days and report my findings.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Googleme

you know what i've been seeing this lately...matter of fact just the other day there was a post on the forum about a guy buying a newer model with few miles having the same problem..a ford rep commented asking the guy to provide his VIN and other information to get it handled through customer service. I wouldn't wait, contact them right away.

EDIT: Deysha is a ford rep on these forums i've seen around...very good. VIN, your name, the closest ford dealer to your house, mileage, and phone number was the information that was asked for in the post i referred to if im not mistaken.

Last edited by Googleme; 09-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:52 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by iamzatch
I'm sill in the first week with my new 2014 v6, so bare with me.

I've noticed sometimes it has a rough idle of sorts. Just today I was waiting for food in a mcdonald's drivethrough. Every 15-20 seconds the engine would shudder/snap, rpms would drop 100-300 and then it would return to normal. You can feel it in the whole car though, the whole car flexes a tiny bit.

This was with the AC on, about 85 degrees outside.
Originally Posted by Googleme
you know what i've been seeing this lately...matter of fact just the other day there was a post on the forum about a guy buying a newer model with few miles having the same problem..a ford rep commented asking the guy to provide his VIN and other information to get it handled through customer service. I wouldn't wait, contact them right away.
EDIT: Deysha is a ford rep on these forums i've seen around...very good. VIN, your name, the closest ford dealer to your house, mileage, and phone number was the information that was asked for in the post i referred to if im not mistaken.
Hey iamzatch,

As Googleme mentioned (thanks), make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 09-03-2013, 03:18 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

I'm curious if this may be a normal thing... it could have been the AC compressor cycling or something along those lines. If I need to go to the dealer I can, but that would suck to have something not working right on a brand new car.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 09-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

I see you are in Colorado, maybe the elevation effects the stock tune.

how many miles do you have on it? The computer may adjust to your elevation and it may correct itsself after a while. taking it in couldnt hurt though.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:47 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

My GT does this now and then when the AC is in use. However I have never dropped bellow 100 to 300. My wife has a 2013 V6 Premium and I have never noticed it doing that but then again I have only drove the car once so I really would not know.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM
dared3vil0
1st Gear Member

Just a hunch, but are you hearing the fan going on as you are idling, so it needs to keep cool?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
I see you are in Colorado, maybe the elevation effects the stock tune.

how many miles do you have on it? The computer may adjust to your elevation and it may correct itsself after a while. taking it in couldnt hurt though.
About 250 miles
Old 09-03-2013, 06:03 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
My GT does this now and then when the AC is in use. However I have never dropped bellow 100 to 300. My wife has a 2013 V6 Premium and I have never noticed it doing that but then again I have only drove the car once so I really would not know.
I should be more clear, it drops 100-300 rpm, but stays in the 600-800 rpm range during idle.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dared3vil0
Just a hunch, but are you hearing the fan going on as you are idling, so it needs to keep cool?
Yes, definitely. Black car in 100 degree heat gets hot fast, maybe this is the issue? AC compressor overheating and cycling/fan cycling?

Quick Reply: 2014 v6 rough idle?