Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Muscle's Wheel/tire Packages

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 12:46 PM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=B's 5.0;8277856]
Originally Posted by vixr
yeah...disagree all you want...I didn't say they weren't wider. I said they weren't as tall.[/QUOTE

"DANZCOOL" was correct in saying you can not tell a difference in how tall. By eyeballing it, it is no more then a 1/8 of a inch difference in size. Come on "VIXR there is no way you can see a difference. I would have been embarrassed to even say that. Your entitled to your opinion, I just said 99.9% of all expensive Sports Cars come this way, and most people like them and do not think they are stupid. Again you are entitled to your opinion and my post was directed to "DENCON" who was asking for input to all of us about Wheels and Tires and I just wanted to give him a opinion also. By the way you have a nice Stang, I LIKE IT.

Example: It's the angle of pic "VIXR"

This pic makes the front tire look much bigger then the rear.

This pic makes the rear look much bigger then the front.
In your picture it does look smaller in the back, but please look at my old '07 picture again and I'm broadside to the car...No angle. I have a picture looking back to front and it still looks smaller...I drove that '07 for 2 years with those tires and I never did get used to it...it was the first thing you would see. BTW, your car is beautiful.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:00 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

[QUOTE=vixr;8277893]
Originally Posted by B's 5.0

In your picture it does look smaller in the back, but please look at my old '07 picture again and I'm broadside to the car...No angle. I have a picture looking back to front and it still looks smaller...I drove that '07 for 2 years with those tires and I never did get used to it...it was the first thing you would see. BTW, your car is beautiful.
Thanks for the compliment. Have a nice day.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

All of your cars are beautiful. and thank you all for your input. This has been very helpful and I do want to hear more and see more pics. I am swaying in the way of a standard set up. I want to be able to rotate my tires, but I am not building my car into a performance machine. At least I was not intending, to but things happen, LOL! I am going to go with the 17x 8s with the 235/55-17s. I like the smaller wheel and a little more tire sidewall. I guess that it is my old guy Muscle car way of car thinking.
Now this is NOT my car. but this is the same model and with the wheel/ tire combo I am looking at getting. I really like this look. This is just what my car will look like but Windveil blue.
Name:  75706-solidblack-bullitt-17x8-0513_zps8938629c.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  54.0 KB
I will also later get the lowering springs.
Here is my car the day I bought it (5/18/13) man I am in love with this car and am really enjoying it. I have wanted one of these ever since Hot Rod Mag put the concept car on the cover. I bought it as my daily driver and had no intentions it getting into doing much to it. I have an old project car that I am working on in the garage. but now I am thinking as soon as I am done with that car. I am going to start getting into this Mustang. I am already having a tough time fighting off the urge from doing all kinds of mods to this Mustang. These are such cool cars.
Name:  0519131632_zps73f68258.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  81.8 KB
Old 09-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I have AMs staggered 8.5/10 x 20 and I will give a few feedback things I have noticed.
1. I was able to save about $400 by shop around and buying my tires (Nexen N7000s). I purchased my rims from AM and tires from a local place where they swapped out my OEM TPS sensors into my new rims, and mounted/balance for free.
2. My rims are not perfectly round. So I do have some vibration at higher/fwy speeds that no shop has been able to get rid of. Its not alot of vibration, I feel perfectly safe driving them but I would not take them above 100MPH.

Good luck with your choice.

Matthew
Old 09-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vixr
look at the picture I posted...you can see a difference.
Start by listing your exact sizes.

But I can tell you that if your front tires are 255/45 and your rear tires only 275/40 that the rears will be slightly shorter (roughly 27" front vs 26.6" rear). If that's the case, then that's probably 95% on AM's shoulders. The remaining 5% is on you the customer for not doing enough research before buying different sizes than OE.

FWIW, the correct staggered match for 255/45 is 285/40 (which is exactly what and why Ford chose those for the 18" GT500 tire package once they decided they had to go with a staggered setup).

275/40 rears would match with 245/45's and probably also look a little better, though with all four tires about 3/8" shorter than the OE sizes you'd then be even more inclined to lower the car.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 09-08-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:48 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dencon
Has anyone here gotten one of these packages from them? Would like to hear from you on this. I do not know much about their Somitomo tires. I was thinking about going with this package. This seems like a great price.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/solidb...tomo-stan.html
Thanks for any input
Matt
This is definitely a great package! The solid black Bullitt Wheel's are one of my personal favorite wheels. I see there's already been a lot of pictures posted, so you have a pretty good idea of what they're going to look like!

One good thing about this kit is they're 17x8 all the way around. So you can rotate your tires when necessary! Sumitomo makes a great, affordable tire that I think you'll be really happy with. The aggressive design delivers extraordinary performance in either wet or dry conditions, on and off the track. We can have these wheels mount, balanced and shipped out in just about a day or so! (We M&B and Ship for free)

I hope this helps with your decision! Hit me up if you have any questions or need some further assistance.

-Dan
Old 09-09-2013, 08:59 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I highly recommend the wheel and tire packages from AmericanMuscle.....as you've read all the positive reviews from all those before me above.

As far as same size in all 4 corners vs. staggered....the biggest question you will need to ask yourself is if you want to be able to rotate them....and will you really?? I've personally known several people that thought the same thing, then realized it's not that big of a deal...but on the other hand, to some, it is.

Good Luck!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

Thank you ALL for replying to my question. I have made my mind up. thanks to all of you and all of the discussions.
Dan from AM. Thank you for chiming in and you will be hearing from me. I am going to get this package from you guys. plus quite a few other things. I am not happy with the Yokahamas that came on my car. I want to change them out within the next few months. These wheels an tires are really going to do the job for me and give me the look I have been craving for my Mustang.
Thanks Again
Old 09-10-2013, 10:26 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dencon
Thank you ALL for replying to my question. I have made my mind up. thanks to all of you and all of the discussions.
Dan from AM. Thank you for chiming in and you will be hearing from me. I am going to get this package from you guys. plus quite a few other things. I am not happy with the Yokahamas that came on my car. I want to change them out within the next few months. These wheels an tires are really going to do the job for me and give me the look I have been craving for my Mustang.
Thanks Again
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear I was able to help you out.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions and we'll definitely get you squared away. We really appreciate your business and loyalty, I look forward to hearing from you!

-Dan
Old 09-10-2013, 09:29 PM
20_PONY_06
1st Gear Member

AM has some very affordable prices, I'm in the market for tires but it would be beneficial for me to purchase a tire/wheel package. What is your opinion on whether I should get chrome, silver, or black wheels for my black 06?
Name:  100_0742.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  270.9 KB

Quick Reply: American Muscle's Wheel/tire Packages