Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeda CAI

Old 09-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Default Steeda CAI

Installed this with a friend , it was pretty easy to install but a decent amount of pre-install assembly. I bought this one on ebay from steedas scratch and dent sales so i got it for a significant discount. the tube had minor wear and the MAF housing isnt polished like i expected but it matches the engine covers almost perfectly.

Name:  wdAX1nS.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  277.3 KB

I went from bama 93 race tune with stock CAI, to bama 93 race tune for steeda cai and there is a difference. Significant enough to be noticeable and worthwhile. Car can do things it couldnt do previously. Not sure if the tune is just alot better or if the CAI just made a relatively significant difference, i suppose its a combination of both.

Only minor complaint is the maf housing seems to be heavier than necessary imo.. this cai does seem to weigh more than the stock setup.

It sounds good, looks good, and does make more power than the stock intake setup. Thumbs up to steeda and bama

Last edited by Andy13186; 09-20-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
Installed this with a friend , it was pretty easy to install but a decent amount of pre-install assembly. I bought this one on ebay from steedas scratch and dent sales so i got it for a significant discount. the tube had minor wear and the MAF housing isnt polished like i expected but it matches the engine covers almost perfectly.

I went from bama 93 race tune with stock CAI, to bama 93 race with steeda cai and there is a difference. Significant enough to be noticeable and worthwhile. Car can do things it couldnt do previously. Not sure if the tune is just alot better or if the CAI just made a relatively significant difference, i suppose its a combination of both.

Only minor complaint is the maf housing seems to be heavier than necessary imo.. this cai does seem to weigh more than the stock setup.

It sounds good, looks good, and does make more power than the stock intake setup. Thumbs up to steeda
Seems like you got a pretty good deal! Looks really good in the engine bay, too....goes well with the dust, lol. Jk! A few minor imperfections is no big deal. I've received "NEW" parts with minor imperfections already. Did you get your tune updated for the intake or just threw it on? I know with an updated tune you should definitely feel a difference. I want to get an intake really bad for my '13 to compliment my 93 race tune but I'm on the fence about it after seeing many water tests done with the '13 gt vented hood. But then again a hell of a lot of ppl have intakes on their '13+ GTs.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
Seems like you got a pretty good deal! Looks really good in the engine bay, too....goes well with the dust, lol. Jk! A few minor imperfections is no big deal. I've received "NEW" parts with minor imperfections already. Did you get your tune updated for the intake or just threw it on? I know with an updated tune you should definitely feel a difference. I want to get an intake really bad for my '13 to compliment my 93 race tune but I'm on the fence about it after seeing many water tests done with the '13 gt vented hood. But then again a hell of a lot of ppl have intakes on their '13+ GTs.
I had bama send me a new tune before I installed it and uploaded the tune right after install before starting the car. You cant run this intake with a stock tune or any tune that doesnt take the 101mm MAF housing into account , it wont work properly because the MAF housing is a different size.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Wipe down that intake cover. That should net you about 10 more RWHP.

Looks great! Nice find.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I had bama send me a new tune before I installed it and uploaded the tune right after install before starting the car. You cant run this intake with a stock tune or any tune that doesnt take the 101mm MAF housing into account , it wont work properly because the MAF housing is a different size.
I know that, that's why I was asking, lol. You didn't mention getting it retuned. I guess that would be obvious, though. Guess, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet soon and get me one. I'll probably buy the roush intake because it's cheaper, haha!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Wipe down that intake cover. That should net you about 10 more RWHP.

Looks great! Nice find.
not as much a horsepower gain as it would be a weight reduction, lol! Mines just as dusty, too.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:05 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

That's it I am coming over right now and detailing that engine that poor baby should not be that dirty. I dyno 412 rwhp and 382 pounds of torque with the 91 octane tune.

So this right here is just a wipe down with a towel every time I wash. Takes about 10 minutes 45 if its a show weekend.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Looks good ^ I should wipe mine down, do you just use water or any type of cleaning product?

Also, did you notice the MAF housing seems pretty heavy? Maybe yours is a different type of metal,, im not really sure. This non-polished version usually comes on the boss302 intake upgrade package.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 PM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

I went from bama 93 race tune with stock CAI, to bama 93 race tune for steeda cai and there is a difference. Significant enough to be noticeable and worthwhile. Car can do things it couldnt do previously. Not sure if the tune is just alot better or if the CAI just made a relatively significant difference, i suppose its a combination of both.

It sounds good, looks good, and does make more power than the stock intake setup. Thumbs up to steeda
I'm glad you like the new mod. My only "minor complaint" is all of the dust under that hood! lol. In my best Cris Carter voice "C'mon MANNNN!".
Old 09-20-2013, 02:23 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Sounds like you got a sweet deal on the CAI! I'm not surprised about the power results either. Steeda makes a killer intake- I've seen some solid power picked up with their smaller CAI's using the stock tune, let alone the tune required ones.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Shane

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steeda CAI