Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang GT
Default Vinyl wrapping

So I have a few problem areas with my paint (clear coat peeling off on spoiler, paint cracking on loubers, paint peeled off on bumper from power washer, scratch on trunk from stupid person in parking lot), and I'm debating whether I want to get everything re-painted or just vinyl wrap the car. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with it. How much does it cost, how well does it hold up, and what kind of care does it take to keep it looking good? I don't have a garage yet (hopefully that will change the beginning of next year) and the sun just seems to be killing the car.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2009 GT 5sp, Stainless Works long tube headers, Koni yellows, steeda ultralight springs, steeda UCA/LCA, airaid intake, FRPP axle back, BAMA tuned, Dynotech DS, Godspeed wheels, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, AM Window Louvers, Agent 47 Mirrors
yourmyboybh1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
JJHoover
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang V6

I have only heard that vinyl wrap is more expensive.

Vortec V3 Supercharger, Pypes shorty headers, Pypes mid pipe dual exhaust, GT 500 18" rims, 255/45/18 Pirelli's
JJHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHoover View Post
I have only heard that vinyl wrap is more expensive.
I think it kind of depends. It might be more expensive than painting the problem parts on my car, but if I wanted to paint the whole car it would be cheaper. I've been told anywhere between $800-1500 depending on the vinyl used and how big the car is (no one specifically knew the price for a mustang).
2009 GT 5sp, Stainless Works long tube headers, Koni yellows, steeda ultralight springs, steeda UCA/LCA, airaid intake, FRPP axle back, BAMA tuned, Dynotech DS, Godspeed wheels, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, AM Window Louvers, Agent 47 Mirrors
Old 09-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '09 Mustang GT
zpounds91

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026 View Post
I think it kind of depends. It might be more expensive than painting the problem parts on my car, but if I wanted to paint the whole car it would be cheaper. I've been told anywhere between $800-1500 depending on the vinyl used and how big the car is (no one specifically knew the price for a mustang).
I have heard many different prices, I have a friend that does whole car wraps for 1500 and others that do them for 2500. I think it depends on the quality of their work, along with the materials they use.

ZPounds07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT View Post
I have heard many different prices, I have a friend that does whole car wraps for 1500 and others that do them for 2500. I think it depends on the quality of their work, along with the materials they use.
$2500 doesn't really sound worth it to me. Unless it has a warranty for a few years against sun damage and stuff like that.

The idea of me changing the look of my car has me very interested too. I could do pretty much anything.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
JJHoover
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang V6

here is a website I found that had a FAQ on wraps

http://www.technowraps.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Vortec V3 Supercharger, Pypes shorty headers, Pypes mid pipe dual exhaust, GT 500 18" rims, 255/45/18 Pirelli's
JJHoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 BOSS 302
2012_CO_BOSS_302

OP - wrapping cars seems to be the new thing. I even looked into having it done here locally, but when I got quoted +/- $3K, I never gave it a second thought, lol....I've got performance upgrades on my to do list that money would help with. As far as your situation, weigh each option, the money it's probably going to cost and make the best decision.

Good luck!

Quote:

Good info!

2012 BOSS 302
Competiton Orange/Black

1 of 67 (Car Cover, Floor Mats, No Recaros)
#0614 of 1066 (Overall)

20x9 & 20x11 Gloss Black Forgrstar F14's l 255/35/20 & 305/30/20 Pirelli P-Zero Tires l Eibach Sportlines l BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar l MMD Hood Struts l Shorty Antenna (AntennaX.com) l Sound Pipe Delete (CoolTechLLC.com)
05 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement