Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIP My Mustang Nooooooo!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

holy hell, i was not prepared for that car carnage when i saw that first pic.

sucks about the car man, goodluck getting a new one.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:36 AM
dennisafrompa
1st Gear Member

Default Really...

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Now does that make your insurance go up, since its a claim on your record? Even though it was the rain that caused the wreck?
Rain may have been a factor, but I'm guessing there was driver input. I drive in rain often and adjust to conditions. Chargeable accident? you bet!

That road looks more like a country lane, another factor.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:01 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Sorry to see/hear about your accident, but at least you're ok.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Now does that make your insurance go up, since its a claim on your record? Even though it was the rain that caused the wreck?
Rain doesn't "cause" wrecks. This is typically an accident that would raise rates, unless you have some kind of excellent accident forgiveness coverage.

OP, sorry about your car bro. I bought my baby brand new in '06 and I'd be heartbroken. I'm with you man, people could tell me a thousand times that "It's only a car", but we know different.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:28 AM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I would prefer not to discuss the legalities of the situation at this time, as its still an open file, but things are looking up. Family, friends, colleagues have been very supportive, so that's awesome.

Found a killer deal on a 05 sonic vert 4.6 5-speed, 70,000 kms, but the seller says there is lots of interest, so I probably wont be able to ****** that one up, by the time I get everything on my end sorted out. Shame, but there will be others. Sentimental value is gone, so now they're all just cars. Just gotta wait to pounce on a good deal.

Insurance is also letting me take off some of my mods, to be replaced with factory parts which i still have, so that's a plus. I inquired about getting back my cowl hood as it survived unscathed. The adjuster was hmming-and-hawing, but we'll see. They've been super helpful and accommodating thus far, which I've been very grateful for. They're even letting me keep my rental for a full week despite having my cheque ready to go. No charge mileage, and its beautiful weather this week; gotta make the most of it. I suppose there is always a silver lining.

Down but not out...
Old 10-02-2013, 10:09 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

You should ask if you can buy the hood before they sell it to the junk yard. Keep in mind that they are being very generous letting you take the mods off as long as you replace them with stock parts. They sell the car to the junker who then parts it out, so it does lower the value somewhat potentially for them, but very very little.

I'm sorry that you wrecked your car. Keep your chin up. Having sent several cars to the grave early, I can tell you that you love them while you got them, but always be ready to give them up if you choose to drive them beyond theirs or your capabilities. It is also very true that you can't be replaced but having also done this personally...you can replace your ride and make it exactly the same. Then you will learn the meaning of the phrase "You can't go home again." My advice is to find something a little different but that you still like.

On the vert, that's hopefully just sales pressure tactics to get you to buy before you have the money in hand to close the deal. I'd say make him an offer including some earnest money in the deal and if you don't close on it, be willing to let the car and the earnest money go. That's the deal I worked with my GT500. It was worth it to have them hold it while I was refinancing the house. If I had bailed, I would have been out 500 bucks, but it was worth the gamble because I wanted that car and was going to have it.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:16 AM
NTO_GUY
Former Sponsor

Sorry to hear. Your car was sharp. From one car lover who slide sideways into trees to another, be thankful your alive and virtually unscathed. Your going to find that next Mustang that is going to make you smile ear to ear again.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

I'm sorry man, I always wonder what it'd be like to lose my Stang. No man should ever have to part with his ride like that. The silver lining about Mustangs though, there's about 999,999,999,999,999 more out there that you can fall in love with all over again. Try to hold out and find the right one. My friend has been wanting a stang for about three years now and he just got one with a Saleen Supershaker and lots more with 40k on it for 11 grand just because the guy needed it sold fast. Hell, I even saw a Roush stage 2 for sell for 13k and the thing looked brand spanking new. You'll find another, don't stress yourself out too much thinking about it.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

So sorry to hear... Just remember the good memories you had with her !!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Damn man, I know how much you liked you 4.0 too.
You had a lot of plans for that, sorry to hear about what happened, glad to see you're okay though.
Time for an upgrade bud, you know how much I liked my 4.0 too, since I got my GT, I've been loving it.

Quick Reply: RIP My Mustang Nooooooo!