Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 GT gauge question.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Default 2014 GT gauge question.

I have a base 2014 GT. I was wondering if anyone knew why there is no volt gauge or oil pressure gauge? I've seen some 2012's with the same instrument panel that have these gauges but it seems that the 2013 & 2014 cars don't include these two gauges.

Is there any way using the digital readout to see this info. This is one thing about my car I don't like. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Base 11-12s came with just the fuel and temp gauges as well as the base 13-14s. The extra gauges on the 11-12s came as options. They don't come on the 13-14s because you need the track apps display, which came as an option on the 13-14s, to get all the read outs. I think they should've added the other gauges on the base, too, but no biggie for me.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:40 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the clarification. It just seems weird that they don't put these gauges on a sports car.

Wayne
Old 10-01-2013, 04:19 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Can get em all from american muscle with the gauge clusters to mount them.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Thanks, I will check them out.

Wayne
Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Clevor

Originally Posted by 70monte
Thanks for the clarification. It just seems weird that they don't put these gauges on a sports car.

Wayne
I think because they want you to upgrade to the Premium GT model for $5,000 more.

I have a 2013 Premium but it does not have an ammeter gauge which tells you if the battery is charging properly, just a voltmeter. Does anybody know if there is some warning if the alternator isn't charging?
Old 10-07-2013, 08:48 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Clevor
I think because they want you to upgrade to the Premium GT model for $5,000 more.

I have a 2013 Premium but it does not have an ammeter gauge which tells you if the battery is charging properly, just a voltmeter. Does anybody know if there is some warning if the alternator isn't charging?
Well that is probably true but it wasn't happening here. I didn't want leather or most of the other stuff that comes with the premium package.

I think if you push the setup button on mine, somewhere in the menu it tells you that the charging system is ok. Yours probably has something similar.

Wayne
Old 10-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Clevor

70monte, if it makes you feel better, I don't think the Premium GT has an oil pressure gauge either . I was checking it yesterday and it has an oil temp gauge but I do not see an oil pressure gauge. I'm guessing the check engine light might be that?

It has air/fuel ratio and inlet air temp, but no oil pressure gauge? On a performance car?

It could be on the Coyote engine, the oil pressure is abnormally high or low, which might alarm those who are used to pushrod engines. Just my guess . . .
Old 10-09-2013, 04:48 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Clevor
70monte, if it makes you feel better, I don't think the Premium GT has an oil pressure gauge either . I was checking it yesterday and it has an oil temp gauge but I do not see an oil pressure gauge. I'm guessing the check engine light might be that?

It has air/fuel ratio and inlet air temp, but no oil pressure gauge? On a performance car?

It could be on the Coyote engine, the oil pressure is abnormally high or low, which might alarm those who are used to pushrod engines. Just my guess . . .
Clevor,
Thanks for that information. I guess I'm just used to my GM vehicles that have all of these gauges and like you, I think Ford definitely should have put them on a performance car. Hopefully I won't ever have any oil pressure problems.

Wayne
Old 10-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Clevor

I checked the manual on my 2013 Mustang and it does say something that you will be alerted if the battery isn't charging, but why are so many people having problems with dead batteries??? It would seem the batteries are just bad, they are not due to the alternator or regulator not working.

I am a gauge man myself, and I am on the fence on installing an ammeter on the car. I need to install one more gauge to make the effort worthwhile. Oil pressure gauge? But where the hell do I tap it into the Coyote block?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 GT gauge question.