Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS light in 13' Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM
DiegoR

Default TPMS light in 13' Mustang GT

Hello board,

I just got a brand new Mustang GT 2013 5.0 Holman & Moody version (if that matters) and the TPMS light is on. I searched on the net but didn't find any usefull info to fix this problem except the following (has been done):

Push 6 tiems the hazzard lights and enable the tire pressure monitor read out starting for the front left tire, it honk by itself, then I proceed to take off air pressure but nothing happens unlike some youtube video I have seen where a F150 will honk once it read a lower air pressure is present.

I did this by also using a magnet (some vehicles require this method) by doing the above method and still can't self learn or read the pressure.

I have done as well all the above except by the hazard lights activation method but by turn IGB key on/off 3 times with the brake pedal , it will also honk and enbale the tire pressure read out procedure, but with no luck.

I also searched on ebay for the remote reset tool by Ford but the listing doesn't seem to match this particualr model/year, but older/other versions so I'm not sure if this could work out.

Any tips/suggestions besides going to the dealer (My car won't be attended by the local dealer since is a direct import from USA and I'm out of USA, they will serive only the vehicles they sell for our market, and this one can't be ordered through them).

Thanks a lot.

-Diego
Old 10-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

If the light is on, one of two things is wrong.

A) A tire has low pressure.... Did you check the tire pressure of all the tires? My 08 read low the first day I owned it. Two were at 27PSI and two were at 25 PSI, go figure....

or

B) if the car has aftermarket rims the Sensors may not be properly synced to the car. Take it to the dealer you bought it from and have them fix it (it will be free). It requires a device to sync the sensors to the cars system.

or

C) You have aftermarket rims and they did not put new TPMS's in the new wheels. Again, let the dealer fix this for you.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:35 PM
DiegoR

Thanks.

A) They has 35 PSI (4 corners)

B) Yes, the car has aftermarket wheels, Holmand & Moody install different wheels not sure if the swapped the OEM sensors in these aftermarket wheels. However when I got the car in my country, the light was OFF and all OK, it just turned ON after few weeks of use.

C) Wish I could bring the car to dealer or Holman & Moody factory from where it was bought, but that would bit out of my reach since I'm in south america witht he car already
Old 10-11-2013, 12:34 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

you dont have sensor

i installed aftermarket rims and the light popped only 1 week later.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
DiegoR

I see, but wonder why the car was with the light OFF more than a week of use when we got recently the car and later it turned ON if the car wouldn't have sensors, that doesn't make much sense.

GUess I will have to contact Holman & Moody to find out if the car got OEM sensors or not, don't wan to take appart the tire/rim to check it.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by DiegoR
I see, but wonder why the car was with the light OFF more than a week of use when we got recently the car and later it turned ON if the car wouldn't have sensors, that doesn't make much sense.

GUess I will have to contact Holman & Moody to find out if the car got OEM sensors or not, don't wan to take appart the tire/rim to check it.
The light can take a few days or even a week to flip on. Depends as to how much driving you do and if the battery was disconnected between the times you've driven it.

I would say the sensors are missing. You can order them through a few different places here in the U.S. but I don't know how hard it would be to ship. Perhaps a place in South America has them?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58 AM
rfruscel
1st Gear Member

how about the air pressure in the spare tire? I've seen someone go round and round with this only to find out it was the spare tire's sensor.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rfruscel
how about the air pressure in the spare tire? ...

... is often the culprit, especially as the ambient temps begin to drop. Can't tell you how many times that happened with the spare in my SUV's. I solved that problem by moving to Florida.