Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saturn experts or photo wiz to help ID hit and run on my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Quake Guy

Default Saturn experts or photo wiz to help ID hit and run on my Mustang

got a great deal on a 06 Mustang after being out of the enthusiast car scene for a decade. May be destroyed after a hit and run.

My video & pics suck. New Galaxy Active S4 I only had for 5-6 weeks so still not familiar with camera. Guy hits right side of my car in intersection. Stops and then drives away once I approach his car. Instead of fiddle f**king with camera, just wish I had focused on his lic plate instead. But his lights are not on so the lic plate is not lit up at night and I sidestepped out of the way once his reverse lights came on.

Maybe someone can do something with the video and pics to see the plate. The video may capture it at the beginning. At least can someone confirm year and model of Saturn.

Lousy video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6m9v...ature=youtu.be

Lousy pics:

I always dreamt of having a relatively low miles car with a ton of mods. Had Shelby visuals pkg installed with a whipple SC on top and a ton of other upgrades. Was told it last dynoed at 495hp to the wheels. Now it might be totaled and I will probably just get a check for a standard Mustang GT.

Didnt take pics of car post crash, was too upset to think about it. I had the car for all of two months and finally got all the leaks and other issues accounted for... only had 48k miles. Here is a picture of her only a week ago:

Name:  Goodsideviewof06GT_zpse7f82ac7.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  81.6 KB

going to go to bed, this happened less than 3 hours and my back is starting to hurt.

Last edited by Quake Guy; 10-14-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:17 AM
XEDES
2nd Gear Member

That sucks. I can't make out anything but it seems like you had the chance to actually grab him or get a picture of the driver during the video chase. Finding the car is one thing but nothing can prevent the guy from saying it wasn't him that hit you.

Anyway, good luck and I hope things work out for you.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

What did the cops say/do?
Old 10-12-2013, 11:48 AM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

Last edited by vixr; 10-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Quake Guy

Windows were tinted so I couldn't make much other than he seemed to be a pretty big guy. He was just idling in the parking lot when I approached, when I got my phone to call the cops he started off. Unfortunately with the phone in my hand my first thought was to take pictures, but my damn camera flash was turned off. Pissed I just didn't concentrate on trying to read the plate, but it was dark and his lights were off. Was really counting on the flash to illuminate the plates.

Plus, I didn't think running right up to the back of a car fleeing a hit and run was a good idea. Esp. at one point he throws his reverse lights on.

As far as the model, only the 01 & 02 Saturn coupes had the reverse lights separate from the tail lights. They are oval shaped and on the back bumper.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:16 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Sorry man, I think you're SOL. Without some sort of identifier I doubt the cops will do anything. There's a ton of Saturns around, so even if we could tell you exactly what model, they wouldn't spend their time looking for it.

I hope you get it figured out though, you have a great looking car.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Chris06GT
1st Gear Member

It looks like a Saturn SC...one of those "3 door coupes". The small door behind the driver door opens backwards, like a suicide door.
Mine was an 01 and from what I can tell it looks the same. The reverse lights in the middle of the bumper look familiar. I don't know how long they made them, but it was an awful car so probably not that long
Old 10-13-2013, 12:55 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I took a good look at the video and pics to see if I would be able to recover a plate in PS, but there's no way

Report it to the cops.. tell every body shop to be on the lookout for an 01-02 saturn sc coupe or whatever with front end damage.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:54 AM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Photoshopped the Image, No luck on the plate, looked to be Custom, 4-5 Characters, More than that I could not say. Good Luck Man!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

That really sucks man. Good luck with insurance and a replacement.

Matthew

Quick Reply: Saturn experts or photo wiz to help ID hit and run on my Mustang