Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire bubble

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 01:57 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

Default Tire bubble

Hi guys haven't been on here in a while and just wanted to ask your opinions on a problem that has recently occurred. For the people who don't know I purchased a 2013 gt with track aps a little less than 6 months ago, and i have 3200 miles on the car as of today. This morning as i was walking out of my car i noticed a medium sized bubble on the passenger front tire. So my question is Do I need to replace the tire? Can I drive the car? And if this ends up being a tire defect can i expect ford to take care of the tire? I have never hit the tire against a curb, but I will not lie I do drive the car pretty hard. Can that have something to do with it? Any answer is greatly appreciated and if I do not reply thank you in advance.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:06 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure what "medium sized" is, but it really doesn't matter, you need to replace the tire. There are cords broken inside the tire itself. You can almost certainly drive it to your nearest tire shop or dealer, but don't push it too far. They should warranty it, but that doesn't mean they will.
I have seen this on a lot of new tires lately, I think they are just trying to make them cheaper, and this is what we end up with
Old 10-12-2013, 02:08 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by sharony1994
Hi guys haven't been on here in a while and just wanted to ask your opinions on a problem that has recently occurred. For the people who don't know I purchased a 2013 gt with track aps a little less than 6 months ago, and i have 3200 miles on the car as of today. This morning as i was walking out of my car i noticed a medium sized bubble on the passenger front tire. So my question is Do I need to replace the tire? Can I drive the car? And if this ends up being a tire defect can i expect ford to take care of the tire? I have never hit the tire against a curb, but I will not lie I do drive the car pretty hard. Can that have something to do with it? Any answer is greatly appreciated and if I do not reply thank you in advance.
(1) Yes
(2) I would not recommend it, especially being a front tire which if it blows you could possibly lose control of car.
(3) I would call your dealership A.S.A.P. and ask about warranty. You can possibly get answer from your owners book packet that should contain a tire warranty booklet.
(4) Probably not. Where is the bubble ?
Old 10-12-2013, 02:19 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

The bubble is located on the front passenger tire on the wall of the tire.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:27 PM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by sharony1994
The bubble is located on the front passenger tire on the wall of the tire.
Take it back to the dealer slowly. It should hold up, but knowing the stealership they will probably tell you that you must have hit a curb and will not reimburse you, but maybe you will get lucky. Good luck.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 10-12-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:44 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

My dealer is about 15-20 miles away. I am trying to get in contact with a service manager before i drive there.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Those are usually caused by hitting something. The dealer may or may not warranty it, just depends on the dealer. Like others have said youll be okay to drive it there but dont drive it like you stole it getting there.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Definitely damaged belts in the sidewall. I wouldn't take no for an answer from the dealer as far as a free replacement under warranty. You can drive on it but be gentle and I'd stay away from highway speeds if possible.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:49 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

A bubble in the tire is NOT a defect. It is from impact damage. Unless you have purchased tire protection it is NOT covered by Ford or the manufacturer. Your best chance would be to start a claim with the manufacturer being it is so new they MIGHT give you a one time goodwill and offer you some kind of discount on the purchase of a new tire from an authorized dealer.

BTW do NOT drive on it, the problem with bubbles is you never know when they're going to pop
Old 10-12-2013, 07:03 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

The tire will not be replaced through warranty. they are price matching new tire for 294 installed on Monday is that a reasonable price?

Quick Reply: Tire bubble