Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IT'S RIGHT HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 02:53 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangspotential
Very nice. Love how sleek it is.

Only things I would do it if were my car (but it isn't so no worries!) is window tint, smoked tails, smoked quarter panel lights.

^Yup. Only thing I would add would be tint and smoked bumper lights. Car is gorgeous. What other mods besides and m90?
Old 10-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
^Yup. Only thing I would add would be tint and smoked bumper lights. Car is gorgeous. What other mods besides and m90?
First thanks for the kind words about the car. There are a few other mods. besides the little M90. Off the top of my head, from front to back, I'll skip the obvious. First, I have been involved int the SCCA since 1970, so I have a long history in road racing, all of it in single seat formula cars mostly in FF and F2000, limited Atlantic cars when they were around. I did a track day with it a couple of years ago with an Eibach coil over set up and spun the car 3 times in a lap. I looked like a clown, but I'm so used to a car that weighs a 1000-1200lbs., it was a whole new world to say the least. Went home, thought it over and, here goes Affco dual fan intercooler, B302 bottom end 7200rpm., Samy Hale trick heads (local guy who does my race car heads, cams, long tubes, VMP tune and pulley, K member and adj. lower arms connected to Cortex 4 corner coil overs with Watts link, chrome moly cage, MGW, Wilwood 6 piston, Corbeau, and I know there's more including a little bling like the carbon fibre dash that I did on your rec. I used to kind of look down on the track day thing, but I got hooked, I just turned 69 and my racing days are probably limited, so when I'm not running a Crab boat here on the west coast and I get that need for speed this old pony fills the bill, and REAL cheap, compared to a weekend in a F2000 car.
Mahalo Jon

I did forget the RST, and the driveshaft

Last edited by Flat out; 10-21-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flat out
in black and white........

She is BEGGING for some Black Racing Stripes! Then, I would leave it alone.
Very nice how it is now.......just needs some BLACK racing stripes to make it POP more.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vegasrph98
She is BEGGING for some Black Racing Stripes! Then, I would leave it alone.
Very nice how it is now.......just needs some BLACK racing stripes to make it POP more.
If I could get another tenth out of it I would do it, I'm pretty happy with what I have but when 2015 rolls around who knows. If you heard the noise this thing makes, the last thing I need is more POP, where I live there are no cars like this and it draws a lot of attention, in So. Cal. nobody would notice.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:48 PM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Hm, I need one of those ducktail spoilers. They look pretty sweet and I'm kinda tired of my factory one.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Collin01

Originally Posted by Flat out
in black and white........
Gotta love a white car! Very tastefully modified.