Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please assist an idiot (Myself)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:08 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Default Please assist an idiot (Myself)

Ok, swapped out my clutch line this weekend for an SR performance line. Good news, line is a perfect fit, and totally changed the car. Bad news, when removing the retaining clip (C Clip) holding the line into the firewall, it shot off into the fire wall and I was unable to retrieve it. I have currently fastened a makeshift clip out of utility wire. I went to the dealership and they don't have it as a part (it's just a simple clip not even on file) and I can't seem to locate one online. Any suggestions?
Picture of the clip (the real one not my makeshift one)

Old 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Car still drives fine and I'm certain my "fix" will hold. However it's just the piece of mind knowing that a factory or after market part is on there that I'm searching for.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Van217

A local hardware store should have something like that. If not, try a hobby shop with r/c cars and boats and stuff. If that fails, try fordpartsgiant.com and do a search yourself. They actually came through with some hard to find body clips for my '03 sport trac.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:03 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Here you go

http://www.idparts.com/catalog/produ...oducts_id=3330

Last edited by slickman; 10-21-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by slickman
God damn it I ****ing love you man. If we should ever meet your getting beers!

Just Ordered, Should be here Thursday

Again thanks, I had no clue what to search for and all searches were to no avail, Life saver.

Last edited by FivePointToTheOh; 10-21-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:28 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Glad you found it. On a side note, how are those braided cables? You said it totally changed the car, can you give me some details?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:10 PM
FivePointToTheOh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
Glad you found it. On a side note, how are those braided cables? You said it totally changed the car, can you give me some details?
The clutch is EXTREMELY light now. Clutch engages with very little touch, maybe 25% to the floor and it disengages, allowing for much faster speed shifting. My clutch no longer sticks to the floor after a good pull. I used to do 1-4th pulls and end up having to pump the clutch to get it to pop back up, no longer. Shifts also feel smoother, I believe with the less restrictive cable it's getting fluid easier and lubricating more. Replacing the cable wasn't to hard either, just be sure to have a dental pick on hand! Yes a dental pick, easiest way to get the pins out of the lower black elbow near the transmission. If you want to know more or want pictures just ask, I took pictures of the whole install. Might write up a guide.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:48 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Well duh we want pictures! A write up would be great too. I'm sure its not extremely hard, but I've been thinking about doing this and SS braided brake lines too.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:49 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
The clutch is EXTREMELY light now. Clutch engages with very little touch, maybe 25% to the floor and it disengages, allowing for much faster speed shifting. My clutch no longer sticks to the floor after a good pull. I used to do 1-4th pulls and end up having to pump the clutch to get it to pop back up, no longer. Shifts also feel smoother, I believe with the less restrictive cable it's getting fluid easier and lubricating more. Replacing the cable wasn't to hard either, just be sure to have a dental pick on hand! Yes a dental pick, easiest way to get the pins out of the lower black elbow near the transmission. If you want to know more or want pictures just ask, I took pictures of the whole install. Might write up a guide.
Sounds like a good investment. My clutch is getting pretty old, GT500 clutch with almost a hundred thousand on it now, doesn't necessarily act up, but when I do really fast shifts it makes that squeaking noise, I've heard it on my friend's Saleen too. I've never really been sure on what that noise is. I know what you're talking about after doing some WOT and it feels sorta weak and mushy. It would be cool if you wrote up a guide, I'm sure a lot of other guys are interested in that product too. Thanks for the info man
Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointToTheOh
God damn it I ****ing love you man. If we should ever meet your getting beers!

Just Ordered, Should be here Thursday

Again thanks, I had no clue what to search for and all searches were to no avail, Life saver.
No problem man, anytime.

Quick Reply: Please assist an idiot (Myself)