Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Default Outdoor Covers

Does anyone have this custom-fit cover from AM?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/coverc...2005coupe.html

I can't get the answer from AM or on the website on if this will fit my 2006 GT Coupe with exterior mods such as: CDC Classic Chin Spoiler and GT500 Spoiler.

I was thinking maybe I should get this one instead for the GT500, as I know it will fit over the rear spoiler:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...0709gt500.html

What do you guys think? Don't want a $175 cover ripping on me on first use. It's supposedly a tight fit.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

What's interesting is that it's the same pic in both ads.

I'd suspect that either would do but assuming that the one for the GT500 IS made to fit the additional "ornaments" and that you have the chin and larger spoiler, I'd assume that the one for the GT500 would be more appropriate. I have a lesser priced AM cover that I use for my GT (garage queen) mainly for dust protection and from a fit perspective, it would still fit sufficiently if I had some exterior mods like that.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
drace99

Vehicle: 2000
Default car cover

It should fit...I have a similar cover and I have the cdc chin spoiler and it fits fine with the stock GT spoiler. You can always return it if it doesn't fit.
drace99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
AMDanBailer
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2012 Boss 302
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangspotential View Post
Does anyone have this custom-fit cover from AM?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/coverc...2005coupe.html

I can't get the answer from AM or on the website on if this will fit my 2006 GT Coupe with exterior mods such as: CDC Classic Chin Spoiler and GT500 Spoiler.

I was thinking maybe I should get this one instead for the GT500, as I know it will fit over the rear spoiler:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...0709gt500.html

What do you guys think? Don't want a $175 cover ripping on me on first use. It's supposedly a tight fit.
I actually have the Custom fit car cover for my 2011 GT. I run the GT/CS rear spoiler and the Boss 302 front fascia and splitter, the cover still fits 100% fine!

This cover is great. It will keep dirt, acid rain, sap etc.. off of your paint and is easily thrown on and off if need be! I would recommend making sure your car is clean when throwing it on though, so that you're not throwing the cover onto dirty paint (that could possibly cause a scratch). I haven't had any problems with scratches, just a heads up!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

I have that cover for my wife's 07 and it should fit fine. There's a little bit of play in the unit. The only drawback is that the grommet for the antenna is pure crap. I finally gave up on it because it kept coming loose and its sitting in my toolbox because I dont want the wind whipping it around and scratching the car. Im sure that's going to tear the cover over time with the wind we sometimes get here, but I don't want to be pulling the antenna a couple times a week so it is what it is.

I would have posted a review on the AM site for it (negative) but it says my account has yet to be verified or something like that...lol...I've been buying from AM since as early as 06 I think so pretty sure they know who I am

Last edited by wcgman; 11-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.
wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT

I went with the 05-09 GT coupe custom cover, not the GT500 one. Some reviews said it fit so I'm going to give it a shot.

I also heard about the antenna issue. For me, it won't be because I'll only be covering it once for the entire winter so I will just remove the antenna.

Thanks for your help guys!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:19 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement