Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scam Or Not

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Flat out
Well, I run a fish boat here on the west coast and got on the boat and left on a crab fishing trip, I thought about taking a chance on that deal, but had an equipment problem and lost web. service on the boat, so no deal for me. However I bid find a kit on flea bay yesterday, 6 piston Baers for a couple hundred more, they have been shipped and the seller did everything I asked, an honest seller, and I would bet the other deal was some kind of scam, I asked the guy for a picture of the actual brakes and he said no problem, never got the picture and never heard from him again. Now I need to find a 4 piston Bbaer rear kit. Sorry for the late reply, this time of the year we're workin' our A$# off trying to make enough money to feed my mod habit, you all can help by EATING LOTS OF CRAB.
So did you get your brakes yet?

I Love crab! I prefer to buy it at a fish market or as close as I can get to one since I am land locked and cook it at home!

You won't go out of business because of me, I eat my part!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:20 PM
jester0618
1st Gear Member

Well, as a buyer, the guarantee protection meant squat! I bought a steering column from a seller claiming it was rebuilt with all new parts. It was unusable when I received it since the outer shaft had been collapsed into the inner. (Old Nova) I compared pics with what I got, and it was the same. I filed a complaint with ebay and they sided with the seller even though I had pictures of the problems. I then took it apart and found not a single new item inside. Seller says "it's how I got it. I got screwed so I guess now you did too".
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
So did you get your brakes yet?

I Love crab! I prefer to buy it at a fish market or as close as I can get to one since I am land locked and cook it at home!

You won't go out of business because of me, I eat my part!
I've had the brakes for about 2 weeks, 6 piston Baer Extremes, their not installed because I don't have much free right now and I've been waiting on a brake cooling kit that UPS just can't seem to get here. I'm curious as to what kind of crab your able to buy in Arizona, we fish for Dungeness Crab in the winter, and for Salmon and Albacore Tuna in the summer months, I guess some of our product makes it to your area.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:08 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Looks the original listing posted by the OP was sold and positive feedback was left for the seller.