Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What CDC or RTR item would you like to see on a Black Friday Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 04:16 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Default What CDC or RTR item would you like to see on a Black Friday Sale

Hey guys!

Pretty simple and straight forward question for you guys if you don't mind. We are a distributor for Classic Design Concepts, and RTR and we would like to know, from the products they manufacture, what would you like to see on a Black Friday sale?

Thinking about one of those last minute gifts to yourself or your significant other from either company that you would like to see on the sale? Your opinions might help mold our Black Friday sale for Mustangs!

If you have any other items that you were thinking about purchasing, but you would like to see Black Friday pricing on to get that good deal, feel free to voice your opinion please!

Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

how about RTR side and rear splitters and even a rear splitter to go on the GT 500 diffuser. For a fair price? like $80 for the entire set. Since anyone with skills and a jig saw can cut their own out of an $80 sheet of 42inch by 96inch ABS ordered from just about any online plastics source.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:11 PM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

id like to see the rtr spoiler for like $200 or the rtr decklid applique for $100 or the cdc hood struts for $40.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:22 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
how about RTR side and rear splitters and even a rear splitter to go on the GT 500 diffuser. For a fair price? like $80 for the entire set. Since anyone with skills and a jig saw can cut their own out of an $80 sheet of 42inch by 96inch ABS ordered from just about any online plastics source.
If it's that easy, why haven't you just done it yourself? Just sayin'
Old 11-27-2013, 05:19 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
If it's that easy, why haven't you just done it yourself? Just sayin'
It actually is that easy. and the ABS sheets were ordered. So it now becomes a weekend warrior DIY thing. I just need to make time to measure out a template and mark up a sheet with the desired patterns ... Make the cuts, prep the edges, apply 2 sided tape and reinforce with body panel plugs. Install and if all goes well post up DIY instructions and the base template.

my point in making the post... The product sold as is has an insane markup. It's unfortunate how many people actually paid so much for it, except for the manufacturer of these plastic cut outs.

it would be nice to see someone offer a reasonable cost effective alternative. Which would bee even better if the result of such an enlightening DIY resource actually caused the prices to adjust more to what the costs should be.

If you take the RTR rear diffuser/splitter as an example. they charge over $500 for it, when its just the Boss 302/ GT 500 rear diffuser with some ABS splitters added on. that same rear diffuser costs around $150 and the splitters can be made from a $50 sheet of ABS cutouts.

just sayin. if they really want to make a head spinning impact that extends a Black Friday savings.... why not sell that kit for $200 since they get the materials cheaper in bulk than DIY guy can get it for.

Either way It costs them less than $100 to fabricate these splitters Front/side/rear side quarters/rear diffuser and provide 3M tape along with some screws . I don't mind paying a fair price for something cool and functional. but, no one likes getting bent over and screwed out of their money for it.

and that is the point.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:12 AM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

I can certainly lower the pricing, but of course we still have limitations on how much we can lower the price without loosing money. With that said, prices being that low would make us loose quite a lot of money. I wish I could, we would sell an absolute ton of them if we got them that low, but realistically, it wont be able to go down that low.

Originally Posted by JWButler14
id like to see the rtr spoiler for like $200 or the rtr decklid applique for $100 or the cdc hood struts for $40.
Can't get it down to $200 when the retail cost is $310, but we can lower it to around $280 + Shipping costs for that rear spoiler. The decklid looks like we can get it down towards $159.99 + Shipping down from $179, and the hood struts at around $79.99 + Shipping.

Package them all together, possibly use a coupon code on top of all that and we should have some really competitive prices. Feel free to PM me if you want quotes on particular items you want to purchase, and I can look up the cost.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

My apologies....My argument is more for the manufacturer of this item.... I realize as a reseller your sort of stuck with what they hand you and the margins are all you have to work with.

Would you be open to alternative sources for such a mod if I can.... "Linkedin" with a few resources I have with CNC shops and source the ABS material. My markup on such things wouldn't leave a pain in the wallet for all the fellow Mustang owners.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

It actually is that easy. and the ABS sheets were ordered. So it now becomes a weekend warrior DIY thing. I just need to make time to measure out a template and mark up a sheet with the desired patterns ... Make the cuts, prep the edges, apply 2 sided tape and reinforce with body panel plugs. Install and if all goes well post up DIY instructions and the base template.

my point in making the post... The product sold as is has an insane markup. It's unfortunate how many people actually paid so much for it, except for the manufacturer of these plastic cut outs.

it would be nice to see someone offer a reasonable cost effective alternative. Which would bee even better if the result of such an enlightening DIY resource actually caused the prices to adjust more to what the costs should be.

If you take the RTR rear diffuser/splitter as an example. they charge over $500 for it, when its just the Boss 302/ GT 500 rear diffuser with some ABS splitters added on. that same rear diffuser costs around $150 and the splitters can be made from a $50 sheet of ABS cutouts.

just sayin. if they really want to make a head spinning impact that extends a Black Friday savings.... why not sell that kit for $200 since they get the materials cheaper in bulk than DIY guy can get it for.

Either way It costs them less than $100 to fabricate these splitters Front/side/rear side quarters/rear diffuser and provide 3M tape along with some screws . I don't mind paying a fair price for something cool and functional. but, no one likes getting bent over and screwed out of their money for it.

and that is the point.
You're forgetting to account for Market demand, overhead, shipping, etc. I know the cost from the manufacturer on these items and I assure you, Mod Bargains can't do what you originally were asking (nor can anyone else for that matter) lol
Old 11-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Yep...I gotcha. but, The Market is also fair game for competition. if the product can be offered for less then its game on. if these are selling at the extreme Markups they are at now.... Well.... Then there's obviously a demand.

if you like giving away money... I'll gladly take it. But, I'd prefer not getting robbed for something I can fabricate for a fraction of the current listed prices. I'm pretty sure we're all this way. what will be will be.... Until something else comes along.

Anyhooo....I'll post pics of my $72 ABS cut outs $3 roll of 3M double sided tape and $5 plastic body panel rivets. And maybe $2 of tap screws. Should cover front to rear with all the same splitters RTR charges $800 for. Then with the money saved I'll treat the family out shopping, then movies and Dinner....and still have enough to make another set of splitters.

AND that is a fact.

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 11-27-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:18 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Looks like you're on to something. You'll seemingly own the market once you develop the product lol

Good luck with the Black Friday sale Mod Bargains.

Quick Reply: What CDC or RTR item would you like to see on a Black Friday Sale