Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
Jus105

Vehicle: 2008, ford, Mustang GT
Default Top end Build help

Before i go and drop all my cash on a some upgrades i wanted to throw what i had up here to get feed back on what i could add... or take away.
take a look and tell me what you think!

BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body
Comp Cams Stage 2 XFI VSR Camshafts
Ford Racing High performance Intake Manifold
Ford Racing EV6 High Flow Fuel Injectors - 47lb
Ford Racing Camshaft Drive Kit
Comp Cams Valve Springs
Ford Racing CNC ported LH and RH cylinder heads
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Jus105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

be careful with aftermarket throttle bodies as the have been very problematic. you might look into ID Fuel injectors a those are the best on the market. What are your goals
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Pypes H pipe, Pipes High Flow Cats, Flowmasters, Saleen Supercharger, Recently added afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

3/31/14 B302!!
1/4 Personal Best
11.488 at 116.98MPH
60ft-1.565

outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang
whosniffedme whosniffedme whosniffedme

In my opinion, screw the intake manifold you should just go full shaker. You'd get much better gains. Also, +1 on TBs being sketch, I've seen lots of people have problems.

Current Vehicle:
07' GT/CS Roushcharged http://mustangforums.com/forum/garag...sniffedme.html
Past Vehicles:'03 Explorer Sport Trac XLT,
'69 Mustang soft top fully rebuilt 351C swap
whosniffedme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT/CS

It's not a bad list if you are willing to trade significant low end torque loss for a modest HP gain at redline. Replace the BBK TB with a GT500 or FRPP TB for reliability and don't bother with bigger injectors. The factory injectors will supply all the fuel you need for a N/A build on the stock bottom end. Don't forget to make it exhale better too. Even shorty headers will help a little when you open up the intake that much.

Be aware, in CO you can expect significant torque loss below ~3500rpm. We just don't have the ambient barometric pressure to get any kind of intake velocity going into the cylinders. Look through my sig for a similar mod list. All of the items on your list are intended for high rpm HP. Great at the track, but not so much for a daily driver. I have posted my before and after dyno results a few times in the forum. My HP curve climbs all the way to redline, but I lost over 50ft/lbs below 3500. Fifth gear is virtually useless in my car.
2007 GT/CS: custom twin turbo by P&Performance, FRPP TB & intake manifold, Comp XFI stage II NSR cams, heads by Total Engine Airflow, FRPP X-pipe, Corsa Sport exhaust, Steeda Sport springs, Koni Sport shocks/struts, DSS aluminum driveshaft, AMR 19" wheels.
417/412 hp/tq @ 4psi
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM STS!!!!!
breathegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:40 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
08 gt, cams, intake