Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's the 2014 GT Premium Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Mach2
2nd Gear Member

Default How's the 2014 GT Premium Nav?

Looking at 2014 GT Premium Mustangs with just the Electronics Package. My current car has Nav and I really like it and am used to it. Wouldn't want a car without it. Had a 2013 GT with just the Track Pack and didn't like the short gears and no seat adjustment except for fore and aft movement. Being short I had trouble looking over the hood bulge. Thought about setting on an orange crate, but nah. I see the GT Premium comes with multi adjustable drivers seat and other nice goodies so that would be the model I'd get.

How is the Navigation in the 14 GT?

TIA.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Isn't the 14 nav the same as the 13?

Before I bought my 13 GT/CS w/ nav I had a Focus ST with My Ford Touch. Also had a 07 MKX with the older nav. IMO the 13 GT's nav is between the two. Way better than the 07 but not quite as good as the MFT in the Focus.

However the Mustang GT can take advantage of the Sync apps where the MFT couldn't - I couldn't control Pandora, IHeartRadio, etc. from the head unit, only the phone.

I really like the integration of the nav with Sirius traffic & weather maps.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I love the Nav, gets you where you are going. I actually bought the Electronics package for the dual climate controls, worth it to keep the wife quiet.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

How does the Ford nav compare to other nav systems? I used Garmin quite a bit and now use google maps. The pioneer in the shelby has nav and Ive toyed with it a bit, but honestly, it kinda stinks. It will get you where youre going but its like a first or second gen nav...not like the Garmins. Garmin now is like having a person sitting in the car with you and pointing out road signs (bought one as a gift for family member). They've come a long way.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Mach2
2nd Gear Member

Thanks folks for the replies and comments on the Nav.

Going in Wednesday to local Ford dealer to see what the numbers say with my trade in and the current $3500 rebates on Mustangs. Looking for a GT Premium with just the Electronics Package w/Navigation.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:42 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Regarding Ford nav vs Garmin. The MyFord Touch I had in the Focus ST had lane assist - which along with the traffic/weather map is one of the most important features that I like to use. I haven't played with the Mustang Nav & now wonder if anyone knows if it has Lane Assist??
Old 12-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

My '12 Focus Titanium has MFT and sucks *****. I have had nothing but issues with it the day we bought the car. I would never have paid the extra for it if I knew the problems the system had. I mean $25,000 for a Focus and the navi, radio, temp control, and phone control dont work well? F that. We have been back to the dealer a few times to have it looked at and they just kinda tell me to live with it. I hope the newest version (in the '15 Mustangs) have a better operating system, thats for sure.

Matthew
Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

The 2014 Premium Nav is sweet. If you get that and the comfort group, you'll have it all. Even heated mirrors that shine a little running pony by each door. Heated seats, 6-way power drivers seat w/lumbar and regular power passenger seat. And all the climate functions can be accessed by the Nav screen and by voice command. I haven't even touched on all the stuff my loaded 2014 Premium 5.0 will do.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

We just had our 2012 Focus SEL 5-door in for re-programming and it rocks now. It has all the functionality that my 2014 has.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Mach2
2nd Gear Member

That's good to hear your opinion about the 14 Premium Nav jhawkr.

Quick Reply: How's the 2014 GT Premium Nav?