Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got mah tuner!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 09:16 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Default got mah oBAMA tuner!!

I was so excited i drove to the UPS station at 8 am and got the tuner, then drove to a gas station and started uploading the race tune!

when it was done i was smiling, and i went to start my car...it didn't start :O

had a heart attack, cuz u guys seen how i have been questioning getting a bama tune since i joined this site and been constantly scared :O

but i tried using the performance tune and it worked (i think so far..) and drove home...called bama and they said maybe the file was corrupted so they are sending me a new race tune...hope nothing bad happens...

as for the performance tune (91 octane) it makes the throttle a lot touchier from a stop, but idk if i noticed much other difference, or maybe because i was scared senseless... :S

but wish me luck! I almost had a heart attack!

Last edited by RazorGT; 12-18-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:45 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Don't worry! Sounds like the Race Tune file was corrupted somehow, as the Bama guys mentioned. They'll have a new Race Tune sent to your email before you know it though! In the meantime, you'll have to really test out the Performance Tune! You should feel a solid difference between the P91 tune and the stock settings.

I do see you're located in New York, hope the roads are okay up there! We still have our roads covered in salt, here in PA. If your roads are still rough, it's probably best to wait for the weather to break before any aggressive driving!

Give me a shout if you have other questions or concerns!

Shane
Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Congrats... Nothing to be afraid of really
Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

i am beyond pissed off right now because i have a mac and i need a windows computer to upload the new tune and i cant ****ing find anyone who has a windows computer since i know like 2 people in this town!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:31 AM
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RazorGT
i am beyond pissed off right now because i have a mac and i need a windows computer to upload the new tune and i cant ****ing find anyone who has a windows computer since i know like 2 people in this town!
Take the tuner with you to Best Buy and poke around with a PC laptop and see if that works...

Sorry to hear about the corrupted Race Tune!

Keep us updated!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Maybe you can go to a public library. I know they have computers to use for free. Maybe it's possible you can do it there.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:00 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
Maybe you can go to a public library. I know they have computers to use for free. Maybe it's possible you can do it there.
You have to install software onto the computer, so I highly doubt it.

Here's what I'd do man, but only if you're comfortable doing it. Use BootCamp which already comes on OSX, and partition a drive with Windows on it (pirate it or whatever and put it on a disc or USB). I have a ton of friends who do this on their Macs and it makes this a total non-issue.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:44 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

It was a long and frustrating day, but finally got it together, but yeah that race is tune was amazing!!

Never realized how lucky we are as Mustang owners and to have BAMA + AmericanMuscle.com .... I hear most other cars like camaros and even lotta imports have to rely on shady chips or expensive dyno tunes... but not only do we get custom tunes delivered in hours, we can choose the style for daily driving, or racing!

From 4-7 PM I just drove around and got all the fun out of me.

Tomorrow I'm gonna be lame and flash the street tune to see how much MPG I can get
(hoping that if I do end up getting a CAI next month, I can rock the street tune for a year or so (jump to race when I want to enjoy) and make up for the money with gas money saved :3

Last edited by RazorGT; 12-18-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:29 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Glad it all worked out. I run BAMA on my car and I run on the conservative tune all the time now, the race is nice for when you're trying to show off but getting 23 on the highway with a supercharged motor definitely isn't bad at all, especially since the car will still go a buck seventy...
Old 12-19-2013, 06:47 AM
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
Glad it all worked out. I run BAMA on my car and I run on the conservative tune all the time now, the race is nice for when you're trying to show off but getting 23 on the highway with a supercharged motor definitely isn't bad at all, especially since the car will still go a buck seventy...
I also run the 87 tune when dailying my car to work every day. I don't see the need in 93 if all the car is doing is commuting.

Quick Reply: got mah tuner!!