Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 v6 3k miles, weird squeaking noise? bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 11:24 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

@mudhen463 any updates again?

If its a real problem I'll probably just fix it myself and avoid the dealer at all cost given my current history with them but I want to know whats up.

Did you try the new ac belt?
Old 01-16-2015, 07:21 AM
mudhen463

Originally Posted by iamzatch
@mudhen463 any updates again?

If its a real problem I'll probably just fix it myself and avoid the dealer at all cost given my current history with them but I want to know whats up.

Did you try the new ac belt?
I have not tried replacing the A/C belt, with the cold weather,my car has hardly been exhibiting the issue.

I finally received a call back for the CSM on my case, she was going to research the issue. I would rate her effort as less than 1% and I couldn't even get her to view the 5-6 videos on the issue. She just told me that Ford has nothing on the issue and to go back to the dealer.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:01 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mudhen463
I have not tried replacing the A/C belt, with the cold weather,my car has hardly been exhibiting the issue.

I finally received a call back for the CSM on my case, she was going to research the issue. I would rate her effort as less than 1% and I couldn't even get her to view the 5-6 videos on the issue. She just told me that Ford has nothing on the issue and to go back to the dealer.
I can also confirm that I haven't heard the issue since its been really cold here... Its about to have a week in the mid 40s and 50s so maybe we'll have some of this noise again. I guess we just keep pushing back...
Old 01-16-2015, 11:28 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

I can also confirm that I haven't heard the issue since its been really cold here... Its about to have a week in the mid 40s and 50s so maybe we'll have some of this noise again. I guess we just keep pushing back...
I looked over your case notes, mudhen463. Both of you be sure to bring your vehicles in if the noise comes back/worsens.

Deysha
Old 02-18-2015, 10:11 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike1Six
My 14 3.7 does the same exact thing. Only until the car is warm. Sometimes in the morning it sounds like a canary is in my garage. Since the weather has gotten colder I've noticed the tone of the squeal is more pronounced. What's funny when I bring the car up to about 10-12k RPM it goes away...
12k rpm :O lol

Same symptoms for my 2013, I too noticed the issue appears to be worse as the temperature gets colder. Most of the time the noise is not very loud, however, one day after Thanksgiving I thought the entire power train was going to self destructed...
any update? obviously february now. i'm about to call this just a bearing or belt squeaking because its cold but its embarrassing when my '14 car sounds like the alternator is about to go out
Old 02-21-2015, 06:31 PM
mudhen463

Same sound, different day. I definitely notice the noise more when the weather was reaching the 60's and 70's.

I don't feel we will ever get this resolved.

I would agree, you pay 30K for a new car and it squeals, very embarrassing.

I wish car companies cared more for their customers.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:05 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Same sound, different day. I definitely notice the noise more when the weather was reaching the 60's and 70's.

I don't feel we will ever get this resolved.

I would agree, you pay 30K for a new car and it squeals, very embarrassing.

I wish car companies cared more for their customers.
indeed how frustrating.

how many miles on your car again and what year?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:23 AM
mudhen463

indeed how frustrating.

how many miles on your car again and what year?
I have a 2013 that has 9,600 miles....
Old 02-25-2015, 10:20 AM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Still having the same issue. You'd expect ford to have done something with all these damn videos. Ridiculous.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:19 AM
mudhen463

Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94
Still having the same issue. You'd expect ford to have done something with all these damn videos. Ridiculous.
I even offered to supply my Customer Service Manager with the URL's to six videos on the issue, she seemed to be uninterested. Someone at Ford has to know the source of this common noise....

Quick Reply: 2014 v6 3k miles, weird squeaking noise? bearing?